My '07 CPO e63 is officially for sale.... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2007 e63. Iridium Silver.
My '07 CPO e63 is officially for sale....

After much soul searching, I have regrettably put my beast on the market.

The listing is here:

Cars for Sale: 2007 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Sedan in Louisville, KY 40202: Sedan Details - 313232677 - AutoTrader.com

Short version: '07, silver iridium/black interior. All stock. All options except pano roof (or P3). 38,500 miles. Immaculate shape.

Certified Pre-Owned MB warranty through April 15, 2012.

Asking $40,500. I'll throw in the all weather mats. LOL.

I have already purchased an additional 24 month MB factory "Extended warranty" that would run its factory warranty through April 15, 2014. This is NOT included in the price, as its fully refundable to me prior to April. I paid $3,995 for it. I could sell it with the car for a total of $44,495 if anyone wanted it - you can only buy it when you purchase a CPO car.

VERY hard decision to reach. However, with two labradors and three kids (none of whom are allowed in the Benz), it just wasnt practical, and honestly, I need the room of an SUV. Looking at new Suburbans and Denali XL's as we speak.

Sigh.........
lawguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2009 E63
Didn't you have this for sale before

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy View Post
I have already purchased an additional 24 month MB factory "Extended warranty" that would run its factory warranty through April 15, 2014. This is NOT included in the price, as its fully refundable to me prior to April. I paid $3,995 for it. I could sell it with the car for a total of $44,495 if anyone wanted it - you can only buy it when you purchase a CPO car.
Just for the record (in case others are curious), you can buy an extended factory warranty for a car from a private seller or a non-MB dealer if: 1) the original factory warranty has not yet expired 2) the car has never been through the MB dealer network (i.e., it's never been CPO'd or in any MB dealer's inventory.) If the car meets that criteria it's eligible for a 3-year and 75k mile or 3-year and 100k mile MBUSA factory extended warranty (the exact same factory warranty but extended for time and mileage.) That warranty is also transferable. However if the warranty is refunded to the original owner, then the new buyer cannot buy an extended warranty. The only option is to buy a CPO car from a dealer and get an extended warranty that way.

If you're interested in Lawguy's car and want an extended warranty, be sure to pay him the extra so you can get a warranty since it was once in the dealer's network as a CPO car.
6.2AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.2AMG View Post
Didn't you have this for sale before
I pondered it once before, rather briefly, but couldnt bring myself to actually go through with it. But, its finally time to move up to an SUV.

Thanks for the note!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Price drop to $38,500. Last, best and final! At that price, I will gladly keep it if I cannot find a good home for her in the next week or 10 days (while some 2011 SUV's are still available at killer deals).
Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Happy to report that I said "f*ck it" and took the car off the market. I'm keeping the e63.

In the end, after dealing with shyster dealers (offering bull**** trade numbers), and the random private parties looking to buy it for a steal, I decided that its far too nice (and far too fun) a car to sell it at such a silly reduced rate. I really like it - but just wanted something different at that moment. The better option is that I think I will instead buy an older P.O.S. suv to trash with my hounds and kids, and keep the AMG for my own personal pleasure.

So, all you "lurkers" out there who could have jumped on it during my moments of weakness - you missed out. The Autotrader ad is gone, and I'm going to keep it for the next 24 months, probably driving like it was stolen, and will enjoy the hell out of the MB extended warranty.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2009 E63
That makes a lot more sense to me. Why would you put $$ into a common place SUV that would be serving as a beater type everyday workhorse. Put the least amount of money and effort into the SUV. You would have been losing money dumping the E63. No point in that. With the well known and heavy Mercedes/AMG depreciation, these cars are only meant to be used and enjoyed, not traded around. That's what you're paying for and that's all you'll get out of them. And if you want to drive for free then you really need to buy collectables that potentially increase in resale value.
6.2AMG is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG