BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2011
Vehicle: 2005 E55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SERVICE D

Gents: Can anybody tell me what's involved in this service and what the cost might be? I have 39,600 miles on my MB!

Thanks,

DG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Post service

your car is due for 40,000 mile service basically, what MB recommends usually according to their service sheet is...being you have a 03 e-class (211 chassis) you have that FSS + service system which all of your service are based on numbers, a service #12 and 14 is probably due which is oil change, check over of entire vehicle (brakes, suspension, oil leaks, engine air filters, tires, battery, spare tire, ect) a transmission service/transfer case service is usually due one time at 40,000 (service 20). brake fluid replacement is recommended every 20,000 miles or 2 yrs so your vehicle is probably due for that also...check with your local dealer on pricing it all varies. your service advisor should also know how to bring up the service menu in your cluster and show you exactly what services are due if not just ask a tech at the dealer...i know how but its hard to explain via typing on the internet. hope what i have told you will help and best of luck with your vehicle, i love the older e-55's id love one myself, take care

Mike
Master Certified MB Technician
#3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE_mbtech View Post
your car is due for 40,000 mile service basically, what MB recommends usually according to their service sheet is...being you have a 03 e-class (211 chassis) you have that FSS + service system which all of your service are based on numbers, a service #12 and 14 is probably due which is oil change, check over of entire vehicle (brakes, suspension, oil leaks, engine air filters, tires, battery, spare tire, ect) a transmission service/transfer case service is usually due one time at 40,000 (service 20). brake fluid replacement is recommended every 20,000 miles or 2 yrs so your vehicle is probably due for that also...check with your local dealer on pricing it all varies. your service advisor should also know how to bring up the service menu in your cluster and show you exactly what services are due if not just ask a tech at the dealer...i know how but its hard to explain via typing on the internet. hope what i have told you will help and best of luck with your vehicle, i love the older e-55's id love one myself, take care

Mike
Mike: Thanks for your input, I will have my mechanic look into it and get me pricing. Question; What do you mean by saying 03 e-class? I drive a 05 E55. I'm new when it comes to the E-Class car and chassis, is that what I have a 211 chassis? Thanks again and have a great weekend!
#4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 12:37 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Post service

Haha I'm sorry I read that wrong about your year of car, but its still the same service system as an 03 so no worries...all 211 chassis E classes have the same service system...and yes your chassis is called 211 which is model years 2003-2009 and the new E classes are called 212 (sedan) and 207(coupe)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: E55 2006 / E55 2000 / White Odyssey
I have practically the same car as yours 06 E55 AMG. You only need to do:
Oil change, air filter change. == > Service B
Service D means they gonna spend 4 hours in your car so $150 X 4 hours = $600 + Service B $260 = total $860.

Please, do not take advise from people who doesn't know anything about their car ! You don't need to go to dealer to do all those things. The oil and air filter change only cost $180 in independent shop.

The service D ==> They will check your car and spend 4 hours is totally BS. Don't spend money on dealer just to check your car. They only do very minimum check and 1 hour job will charge you 4 hours thats why they are call Stealer !

Just find a independent shop that know how to fix Mercedes and let then do Service B and they will check if anything wrong with your car for free not $600 ! And when your car hit 50k miles, just change the tranny oil. A very simple tranny oil change cost $250 and your are good to go until it hit 100K miles.

After 100K you will do:
Oil change, Air filter change, plugs/wires, tranny oil change, flush radiator, brake oil flush, differential oil change, supercharge belt and V belt change. DONE. No need to do anything more if not broken because it won't help at all.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE_mbtech View Post

Mike
What ? brake oil every 20k miles or 2 years ??? i have never never hear change brake oil in the service manual and FSS will not tell you what to do.
They just show up, Service A, B, C, D
A is for 1 hour
B 2 hours
C 3 hours
D 4 hours

And when they do Service D they just do very basic check and don't even do anything at all. Service D is about $600 and you can already flush your tranny, brake, engine oil so why let someone sit there and do nothing just charge hours.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:56 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55k View Post
I have practically the same car as yours 06 E55 AMG. You only need to do:
Oil change, air filter change. == > Service B
Service D means they gonna spend 4 hours in your car so $150 X 4 hours = $600 + Service B $260 = total $860.

Please, do not take advise from people who doesn't know anything about their car ! You don't need to go to dealer to do all those things. The oil and air filter change only cost $180 in independent shop.

The service D ==> They will check your car and spend 4 hours is totally BS. Don't spend money on dealer just to check your car. They only do very minimum check and 1 hour job will charge you 4 hours thats why they are call Stealer !

Just find a independent shop that know how to fix Mercedes and let then do Service B and they will check if anything wrong with your car for free not $600 ! And when your car hit 50k miles, just change the tranny oil. A very simple tranny oil change cost $250 and your are good to go until it hit 100K miles.

After 100K you will do:
Oil change, Air filter change, plugs/wires, tranny oil change, flush radiator, brake oil flush, differential oil change, supercharge belt and V belt change. DONE. No need to do anything more if not broken because it won't help at all.
E55: I HAVE SEVERAL (NON-DEALER) MECHANICS AND MY GUY ONLY CHARGED ME $150 FOR SERVICE D. THANKS FOR GIVING ME THE KNOWLEDGE TO CONVERSE WITH HIM THOUGH. I MENTIONED WHAT YOU SAID AND HE AGREED, THAT WAS HUGE! UNFORTUNATELY, I CAN SEE THIS CAR GOING BEYOND 100K AS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO DRIVE IT AND THANKS FOR THE TIPS! HAVE A GREAT DAY......
#8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 03:38 PM
BenzWorld Member

No problem ! Good to see a nice running E55K !
Few things you have to be aware with this car:
- Airmatic suspension, if goes bad you will see a warning sign "Car too low"
and you can buy from Arnott struct for lifetime warranty.
- CPS ==> Crank position sensor. Hard to start the car. part $150 + $50 labor
so about $200 cost
- Intercooler pump might fail when you drive very hard your car, the Supercharge will shut down so you might need to upgrade the pump. Johnson CM30 about $160 + labor $100

Again, I rather spend the money on actually changing the items than spend money in dealer just check your car. However, if there is big issue that independent shop can't diagnostic, Go dealer.

Good luck and enjoy the car ! and try not to get a ticket....
#9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55k View Post
No problem ! Good to see a nice running E55K !
Few things you have to be aware with this car:
- Airmatic suspension, if goes bad you will see a warning sign "Car too low"
and you can buy from Arnott struct for lifetime warranty.
- CPS ==> Crank position sensor. Hard to start the car. part $150 + $50 labor
so about $200 cost
- Intercooler pump might fail when you drive very hard your car, the Supercharge will shut down so you might need to upgrade the pump. Johnson CM30 about $160 + labor $100

Again, I rather spend the money on actually changing the items than spend money in dealer just check your car. However, if there is big issue that independent shop can't diagnostic, Go dealer.

Good luck and enjoy the car ! and try not to get a ticket....
Thanks for the continued tips E55! No ticket yet but there will be one soon as I continue to race anything and everything and still beat it! Did I mention my car had some kind of Dyno chip installed prior to buying, it's really fast and have no problem beating higher end luxury cars like the Lambo! Ciao
#10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
BenzWorld Member

Are you in California Huntington Beach ? You should meet a lot of luxury car. In my area nothing interesting....... I guess I am the fastest sedan around here. I have raced a W212 E63 up to 100MPH and i was about 2 car length ahead. I guess his 20" rims didn't help much.....

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG