Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Does S55 or CL55 AMG STYLE IV DOUBLE SPOKE WHEELS ARE SAME AS 2003 E55?

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jochymiranda 
#1 ·
[No message]

#5 ·
RE: No, they're not!

They do make the Styling IV Multipiece in 18" with the correct offset for your car but they're not cheap, around 900 a wheel.

18x8.5 ET 30 - B66031362

The 19" version has the wrong offset 19x8.5 - ET 25

I have actually made another CL wheel work with my car using spacers. The bolts however are different for the S and CL as they use 14mm lugs while the E uses 12mm lugs.

#8 ·
There has been some discussion on other boards about this wheel fitting. The rear is the issue, and some have moutned it to the 211, although it may go outside the fender just a bit. I believe there is a correct part number in this wheels for the 211, but it's an 8.5/9/5 setup instead of the 10. Course, that doesn't help you if you're trying to buy a used set... hope this helps.

#9 ·
Follow ebay closely. In the last month, two sets of E55 twin spoke wheel with new or almost new tires have auctioned for $1875 both times, so this must be the going rate. The last was 3 days ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=38662&item=2446767116

#10 ·
Have done some frustrating fitment research on W211 (E55K). I suggest that you remove a lug bolt and confirm it is 14mm like the S, CL, & E55 higher performance versions. If it is 12mm - forget it. Bad idea and the ball seat radius is wrong. The rear wheel wells are a problem. Why do you suppose M-B upped the power over 1/3 and reduced the rear tire width by one size from W210 E55(275 to 265)? Also be aware that the Conti Sport Contact II as delivered is NOT the standard Conti 265 tire - it is special to M-B spec and has a narrower throat width than the standard Conti tire - which could be a surprise rub problem and an ill advised performance characteristic mismatch / imbalance. I have the Continental p/n for the M-B replacement tire so you can attempt to bypass your friendly M-B dealer - but not here. If anyone has interest, email me and I will find it and post it.
Lost the thread - going to the 10" rim will be a killer unless the offset is increased. The hub centric wheel bore is not deep enough to re-machine the wheel to increase the offset enough - even if that was practical. There apparently is no factory wheel with greater offset available per parts catalog. You may have to resign yourself to admiring them on other cars - you can't see your own while enjoying the drive anyway. Sorry. BTW, standard issue hardware does help resale if that is any consolation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.