Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

06 CDI Glow Plug Wire Disconnect Pliers

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
Has anyone had good results with the Glow Plug Connector removal pliers on Amazon? Is there a trick to unplugging the glow plugs? Baum wants $$ for theirs.

Thanks

#4 ·
It was few years since I had to deal with GP (thank to living in warm weather I guess) but from my memory the connectors are just spring-locked, so any pliers who can grab it will work.
Word of precaution , on my 2008 BTC plastics become very brittle and unless you plan to replace them all, be very careful on removal.
When pulling the connector, don't just pull it straight up as when it snaps, you might pull more than you intend.
Put your other hand on solid engine surface and make a rocker on it with the one holding the pliers. So when the spring finally gives up, you end with few mm movement not pulling whole harness away.
Be extra careful with fresh air pipe. The darn butterfly retails about $500 and gets very crunchy after few years.
I have mine caulked with marine stuff and saving money for new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.