Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Drop Box notice

611 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Digmenow 
#1 ·
This is a temporary sticky in case there is any confusion over the notice at the top of the forum.

***Attention Users***
Dropbox has decided to discontinue their "Public Folder" feature. This means that all images embedded onto the site using it will no longer display, becoming broken links. Starting May 1st, we will be lifting the time limit on editing posts for one week.
Please use this time to fix any images that use the Dropbox Public Folder feature.​

This is a notice that applies only to any of you who have used the picture hosting site, "Dropbox" to hotlink photos into your threads. Personally, I have relied on Photobucket so it does not apply to me and any others who use that site or others as well. If you didn't use Dropbox, then your thread pictures will be okay.

If you use the BenzWorld "Manage Attachments" feature to upload your pictures into your thread, you should be okay, even if you used Dropbox. Only the pictures that you hotlinked using the Image
icon should be affected.

What the notice is informing you of is that for one week, starting yesterday, May 1st, you can go to your restoration saga or DIY threads et.al. and update your links to some other picture hosting site of your own choosing. After that, any pictures that you used Dropbox for will become unviewable and you won't be able to change them. This is a one time shot to fix it.

If you want to take a short cut, create a thread down in the test forum. Use the "Manage Attachments" to upload your Dropbox pictures and they will be hosted on BenzWorld. You can then link them from your thread and they will always be available as long as BenzWorld exists. I've been doing that a lot lately. I tested it by uploading from my photobucket account and then deleting the photobucket picture. The uploaded picture is still in my test thread.

Now, I upload from my phone straight to my test thread and then link to whichever chassis forum I want to post them in.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a heads up from another member. Worth a shot. He's been searching his Username and "dropbox" as the search term to find and fix his dead links.

Microsoft Onedrive and Googles Gdrive are both free and work fine, once you figure them out. Dropbox still works too, but you have to change the last number in the link from =0 to =1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.