Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

CD changer 2004 E320

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  472Alexmuir 
#1 ·
My cd changer front red / green lights do not come on. There are two red flashes on fiber optic which means there is power going in. There is 12 V on both power and wake-up wires.
Even without getting coded or closing the optic loom, should the cd changer light up ( on 6 buttons in front) When I hook it up to the pre wired plug, nothing happens except the fiber optic flashes. Or it will only light up after coding or closing the optic loom ? I had the feeling that it should light up regardless when power is supplied.

#3 ·
I installed it myself with instructions you gave me. It is for w211.
Car was prewired ( found the plug behind the ashtray )so did not have to remove the sill or carpet, just plug it.
Optic flashes twice but no display lights on 6 buttons. Even tried with optic loop with the head but no response from the changer. May be the changer is dead.
When you apply 12 volts (factory prewired plug), should the led lights on 6 buttons turn on ? Fuses are all good and there is power going to the changer as the optic flashes red.

#16 ·
Is it a stock MP3 CD changer? The vehicle AGW is coded to the specific set of modules installed.

If any module is replaced with a different one (with a different function and ID), the AGW will need to be initialized and coded again to recognize new module, ie. different CD changer.

I didn't even know MP3 CD was a thing. Too old or too young? Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.