Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2008 E550 suspension won't lower?

887 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Mercedes4559 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I pray this is something simple (cheap) to fix, but, my 2008 E550 4matic's suspension seems to be stuck at the max height position...I tried going over 75mph to lower it (something I read) and also unhooked the battery..

Where would you start or what would you do?

I just got it out of the shop 2 days ago where they did a B service, replaced the brakes and rotors fornt and back, alignment, and beld the brakes, and did a tramission oil change (? or flush)....I am now $2k lighter on a 80k miles car and can't afford to have the dealer bend me over the barrel again...also, foot note, theyreplaced the entire suspesion I believe about 4 years ago to the tune of $4k, I had an aftermarket warranty at the time which took care of all of $500..

Advice? Has anyone run into this before? It seems that all sides fornt and back they are all level, just at the max height and the 'malfunction' with the car symbol and up arrow are now on...

Any advice is ver much appreciated,

Nick

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I suggest you find a good independent Mercedes repair shop.

If you go here on the forum you will find names of shops members have used and recommend in your area.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/u-s-west/1685769-co-denver.html

If I had to guess, I would say indi shops charge 20% less per labor hour. Still not cheap, but almost always a savings over the dealer.

Also, while 2008 may not seem old, most dealerships prefer working on newer cars (still under factory warranty, for example). At 9 model years old, you probably would be better off with a good indi mechanic. These cars (and older) tend to be their "bread and butter". They work on them a lot and have current experience with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.