Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SRS harness under driver/pass seat swap question

784 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Zabac 
#1 ·
OK, this is a tough one, so I need all the help I can get.

I have a 2003 w211 and I hate tan interiors, so I decided to swap in a black interior from another 2003 w211 (both are E500 RWD with Airmatic).

At first glance both cars have identical interiors and equipment, and everything swapped over just fine, and I mean everything...until the very end when I went to install the driver and pass seats.

My w211 has 4 harness connectors under each seat, donor w211 has 3.
Two connectors are black and are the same on both vehicles, I assume these are for the seat module.

The difference is in the yellow connector, it is a different shape between the two cars and on my w211 there is an additional connector that is not present on the donor w211.

Now I can follow the harness and replace it as well, but will that do the trick?
I have not yet traced these harnesses so I am unsure as of yet where they lead to.
Anyone with experience on this please shine some light on this subject as I am eager to get to it.
I ran out of time yesterday and cannot get back to it until Friday.

Many thanks!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
More info:
The additional harness connector on my w211 is for heated seats, which the donor w211 does not have.
I overlooked that thinking it was standard equipment, oh well.
I will report what happens tomorrow what I end up doing with the seat swap, in the meantime anyone have anything valuable to add please do, I feel like I am talking to myself here ;p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.