Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

AMG wheel upgrade

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bnZE430/1999 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

I bent the rims on the car and need some new ones... any leads? also, what do you guys consider the upgrade to these rims? (pictured below)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Why not get them bent back? For me they're around $120 a rim to bend back, but other places report prices ranging from $100-$150 a rim. Look for a place on yelp or get a recommendation from your local tire store. Or pick up a single rim from Ebay.

The next step up is probably the AMG rims from the E55 or E63, but those rims are staggered so it's hard to find a set if you have a 4matic.

#4 ·
The only wheels I know of are going to be brand that actually forges the wheels. MB used to on some of the AMG wheels.

They are going to be very pricey if they are well known brand.
Even two of my little 17" wheels got bent when I had the car down in Charleston, SC. Had to get them fixed when I got back home. I have not had a problem since, but the 17" wheels use a tire with more tire sidewall to absorb the impact.

You may want to post this question our wheels section on the forums. Lots of very smart wheel people in just that part of the forums.

#9 ·
My vote is stick with the AMG III wheels. They are classic looking and simple. They go with the car very well. I have the same wheels and my only wish is that they were more concave. But really they are extremely simple and nice looking. Too many people get wheels that look like ass or don't flow on the car at all. I'm finishing a BBK on the car but think it goes perfect with the stock amg wheels.

Just as noodles said, 16" wheels are not going to clear the 4 pot sport brakes. Go to 17's if you want a little better ride quality.

-Nigel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.