Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W211 head on collision, what to replace after crash?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  henryhsu 
#1 ·
Hello, i'm new here so i hope i'm posting in the correct area.

I bought an w211 e200 kompressor late 2004 model, the car was involved in a head on collision, only the front airbag deployed, and the seat belt was discharged.

My question is does anyone have knowledge of what exactly do i have to change to make the car safe, and the srs light to go off?
Airbag, seat belt?(including the pre-tensioner?), airbag module(can be fixed with StarD?), front impac sensor?

Would be grateful for a little help!

... and sorry for my bad English :p

Serbi

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry that happened. I hope you are alright.

The airbag, the seat belt, and you are correct that the SRS can be reset once the new parts including the impact sensor are replaced.

The bodywork repair needed to make the lighting safe again is going to be a lot of work. On a car of this age I would look for used parts.
You might even find the same color. Even the right side headlight is pushed under the right side fender.

The AC condenser and possibly the radiator are going to need replacement. The upper and lower core supports for those look like they need to be replaced.

What you see bent up is best to be replaced. It is what you can not see that creates a mystery as to what will make the car safe again.

I am hoping you do not have any suspension damage or that the uni-body is not damaged. If the uni-body is bent the car could be finished. I just do not know based
on the country you are in how much repairs cost or what parts new/used cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.