Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Engine stalls with strange errors

657 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CetiAlpha5 
#1 ·
Help please. Have a real head scratcher. Have a 2006 w211 E500 with 43K miles. Runs great. But on a number of occasions I have a major problem. The front cigarette lighter looses power (I had a gps plugged in, but it occurs with out anything plugged in) and a few seconds later I get an SRS error on the command screen. Sometimes it clears within a few seconds and no other problem. On a few occasions, seconds later the engine stalls. It usually starts back and runs without any problem. Sometimes with the error displayed, I can turn off the engine and ignition, restart and all is good. On 2 occasions it has stalled, and when attempting to restart....nothing. Within a 10-15 seconds, It will restart and run fine. One time when the engine stalled the command screen displayed ABS error instead of the SRS error. There are NO codes stored after these events. I replaced the crank position sensor, but that had no effect. Any advise would be very appreciated!

#2 ·
You need a better code scanner. A standard OBDII code scanner will only pick up engine and emissions codes. A more specific MB scanner will pick up ABS/SRS and other subsystem error codes that won't show up with a generic OBDII scanner. Either take it to the dealer and get it scanned or pick up a better scanner. I think the cheapest one out there that works is the X431 Easy Diag Plus, about $48 on eBay, works on android or iphone. Make sure you get the Plus version because that comes with software for two specific vehicle manufacturers including MB. Works fine on both my W211 and W212. Only other quick thought would be have you replaced the aux battery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.