Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Any way to read oil level when car isn't running?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
So I just had the e320 oil change done yesterday and at idle it's showing between 7.1 and 7.5qts. Als the check engine oil level not when running message comes up. Any way to check this out? Does this message mean anything?

#4 ·
I pushed the reset 3 times to get to the volt meter then scrolled until it showed the oil level but it only reads when the car is running so I can't get a reading while the motor is off. It does read 7.1-7.5 at idle. I was wondering also if the: check oil level while not running is a warning message or just a general message as to how the car should be when checking the oil? It isn't an active message but is there when I scroll through the menus

#5 ·
I am confused, but I will check on my car. Problem is my car is waiting for a front right air strut from MB. There were 5 left yesterday and they were all in Germany so my car is at the shop. I won't have the part until Weds. and I do not want to run the car until the it is fixed. The air compressor will just keep running.

Hopefully somebody else will pop into the thread and let you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.