Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Looking to Purchase 2006 or 2007 E-350

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  hadam 
#1 ·
Hi, I am looking to purchase extra car, either 2006 or 2007 E-350.

Please can you recommend or give me some feed back on which year is more trouble some.

Is W211 2006 is preface lift and 2007 is post face lift?

Also, what kind of problems or issues I will see if I purchase either 2006 or 2007 E350. Any heads up and feedback and opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It would be 2007+ hands down. Balance shaft affected about 1/3 of the 2007 and all the 2006. Plus 2006 had SBC brakes and they got rid of them in 2007. 2006 also has the older interior, I just like the looks of the 2007+ steering wheel and shifter. Probably a manufacturing date after 9/2006 might be ok, but the only way to tell for sure is to check the VIN. For instance the 2007 car you posted has a 7/15/2006 manufacture date and it does fall within the range of the balance shaft issue so keep looking. That car is a basic model, has the sport package and the P1 package which is pretty standard. Also a Pzev. I'm a little mixed about that, on the one hand lots of stuff has a 15 year/150k warranty due to pzev, but at 120k, you're getting close to that. There was an extended warranty on the gas tanks that was extended to 15 years unlimited miles on non-Pzev cars. With that mileage, I'd prefer to have the unlimited miles.

#4 ·
How about this one?

Value Car Sales - 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 Sport, Premium & AMG Packages

Has the bi-xenon headlights which is somewhat rare, real leather instead of MB-Tex (real leather has the ruffles in the door, MB-Tex is smooth), the AMG wheels, and the pano sunroof in addition to the P1 and sport package. It's also past the balance shaft problem.

You can use this site to check the VIN for the engine number and also the options that it has:

Mercedes-Benz VIN decoder - Lookup and check Mercedes-Benz VIN number and get options and specs for free. Search Mercedes-Benz history, price and car loans.

#5 ·
CetiAlpha5, thank you so much for all the great feedback I got from you. I will not chase this 2006 or 2007 E-350. I will look around.

One more questions for you, other then Balance Shaft, what other gremlins or issues that I should watch out for 2007+ E-350?

#6 ·
There really aren't any major issues with 2007+, there's always a bunch of minor ones, but you'll just tackle them as the come. For instance, with the pano roof, you always hear of squeeks or occasionally the roller cover or the roof will come off the track, but there are DIY articles out there about how to fix it. There's threads about the wires in the trunk getting cut so your trunk closer will stop working or if you don't have the closer, the license plate lights stop working. I think for 2007, there were some more issues with camshaft magnets or crankshaft position magnets, but those aren't that expensive to replace. Best year is probably 2009 but those cost more money of course. That year had the updated Comand system. Good thing about the 2007/2008 is that you can just burn a copy of a DVD (the thread is around here somewhere) to update your navigation, but 2009 require that you buy the DVD, but you could buy it, install it, then sell it. There's also the option of an E550, but they're rather rare and they also had problems in the first batch of 2007's. E550's had the airmatic which you might be familiar with.

#7 ·
Hi all, I have found a 2009 E-350 with P1 and Sport package. It has 93000 miles on it. Seller is asking $12500, how much should I pay? The car is in fair condition.

Any issue with 2009 E-350 that I need to worry about.

Also, seller telling me that there is no airmatic suspension on 2009 E-350 sport package. Is this true.

WDBUF56X29B435717 Mercedes-Benz E-class W211 / S211 2009 - VinDecoderz.com is a free VIN number lookup and vehicle history report provider

Please help. Any feed back will be appreciated.

#8 ·
It's your basic E350, no real option packages aside from the AMG appearance package.

Airmatic was only on the E550, wasn't on the E350. 2009 was the best year for the W211, it has it's usual set of problems, but doesn't really have major problems like the 2006 with the balance shaft problem.

#9 ·
CetiAlpha5 thanks for your reply, greatly appreciated.

What about the price? Is $12000 is fair price for car in ok fair condition or should I negotiate for $10500 or $11000. Car has 93000 miles.

#10 ·
You always start lower and then see what their lowest price is. Black is a very common color and with just basic options, shouldn't really command any kind of premium. I would suggest checking nadaguide.com, edmunds, kbb, etc. If it were a white one with pano it would command a small premium. You should also run a carfax and autocheck to see if there are any accidents. Sometimes that's why the price is low. Cheap ones here:

Vehicle History Report - Instant Genuine Complete Report

#11 ·
Thanks.

I got the CarFax, it looks clean.

Car looks good, No Airmatic headache here. Look like it will need transmission oil/filter service at 100K miles, but other then that it should be fine.

When you change spark plugs in 2009 E-350? Any other service will need at 100K miles?

Please any feedback.

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on it to buy.

Attachments

#13 ·
All look clear. Ready to get the car. As many of you mentioned that 2009 E-350 was the last of W211 and should have less of the bugs and gremlins in it.

Also, no airmatic so it will be more fun to drive if you like sport package, car sit quite low, which drive and looks good on sport package. The Transmission is 7 speed with paddle shifter on steering wheel. I have been driving my 2007 S550 with 7 speed transmission and had no issue with it.

Also, the command/Navi look like my 2007 S550, but no paddle wheel on armrest area like S550, but look and feel is like same type of command/Navi with built in hard drive, no Navi DVD in trunk.

2009 model command/Navi look better then 2007 E class that I test drove last month.

Has same voice command system like my 2007 S550.

I feel comfortable to get this 2009 E-350.

I will post the photos once I get deal complete and bring it home.

#14 ·
Yesterday picked up 2009 E-350. It drives and looks good. I got one question on iPod adapter in glove box, can I plug in my Music Link BT device and listen to music via BT? This set up work fine with my 2007 S550, but before I try, I just want to get some feed back.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.