Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

oilchangekits.com

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
Website has been down for a few days, does anyone know if they're still in business?
Thanks

#2 ·
I didn't think their prices were that cheap. Last time around, I got some Mobil 1 0w40 at Walmart when it was on sale for $23.88 for a 5 quart jug. There was a $12 Mobil 1 rebate at the time and I did end up getting it, checks came in last week. There's another Mobil 1 rebate again this time, same deal, $12 rebate on a purchase of 5 quarts. Also works at Amazon, Homedepot, etc, but the price is now $26.44 before rebate at Amazon/Walmart. Still 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0w40 for $28.88 after rebate is still pretty good.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8017715-5qt...store-pickup-homedepot-com?v=1&src=SiteSearch

#3 ·
I used Mobil 1 for 100,000 miles and the engine started burning oil right around 96k miles(1 qt every 10k miles), I switched to Total Quartz and the oil consumption was cut in half. Oil change kits carries Total, that's why I was asking. You're right about the price and coupons for 0w40 Mobil 1, in addition to Walmart deals; once and a while they had it at Costco for $40/case.
I did switch to 5w40 very early in the car's life, there was a rumor around Stuttgart a few years ago that Mobil 1 developed the 5w40 at the direction of Daimler for MB dealers only and it had additives that reduced the balance shaft wear issues.

#7 ·
That's a shame. The GF's AMG is due and I was going to order more TQ.

Autohausaz has liquI/lubri moly for a fair price if that's of interest to anyone.

#10 ·
You are more than welcome.

I knew Amazon had it, but could not remember the price. I think it actually went down since I first saw it their last year. I was pleasantly surprised at the price. Knowing several members use it I figured I would post the info.

I just got a big order from OilChangeKits.com in June, but now my brother wants to run it so he is going to get some from Amazon also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.