Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

COMAND resetting during MB Bluetooth call

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
09 E350

I’m having an odd-ball COMAND issue that I can’t find any information on the forums about (though “odd” and COMAND tend to go together).

Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago. Now, this problem is replicable every time.

Problem Variation 1
1. Music is playing via AUX connected to my iPhone.
2. Incoming phone call via MB Bluetooth. I accept the call.
3. After 3+ minutes of talking, COMAND cuts out (loud sound) and resets/reboots.

Problem Variation 2
1. Music is playing via AUX connected to my iPhone.
2. Incoming phone call via MB Bluetooth. I accept the call.
3. If I finish and hang up the call prior to the COMAND reset occurs (as explained in Variation 1 above), COMAND will reset within 60s on its own. Again, this is after the call is finished.

Let me know if you need any more clarification with this. I’m worried it’s either the BT module that’s bad, or something else.

See less See more
#2 ·
The COMAND is confused. I had the same problem.

I found if using the aux port with any BT phone and the MB UHI BT puck there was an issue. If I left the aux unplugged there were no issue at all with the COMAND and using just the phone. I even plugged just an iPod in the aux and it all worked. If a call came in the music muted and I hit the answer button on the steering wheel and there were no issues.

Now you have a better generation COMAND than I do. How about putting the MP3s on an SD card and playing your music that way.
Or you could pay a lot for the MB kit or the Denison gateway which should solve the problems you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.