Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Replacing 2009 E350 car battery

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm needing to replace the battery in my 2009 E350. I'm needing to know if an AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) replacement battery would be okay to use. The battery that came with the car is a sealed lead battery.
Thanks,
dk

#2 ·
After 6 years the battery in my 09 died. I replaced it with one from the dealer and had considered an agm as well. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can chime in. If you will be doing the replacement yourself I recommend that you attach another battery in parallel before disconnecting. Be sure to detach and keep the red elbow that attaches to th he drain tube.

#3 ·
I may be wrong, but in my E500 wagon the battery that the MB parts network listed at the dealer as a replacement is an AGM battery. About $255 list price about 4 years ago. I hear they are more than that now.

The Autozone AGM battery is about $160-170 using one of their online discount codes and having it set up for store pickup.
Advance Auto has a very similar deal.

#4 ·
The AGM (absorbent glass mat) costs more than the regular lead acid battery. Dealers recommend if the battery is inside the passenger compartment to go with the AGM battery, but if you have the battery in the trunk or under the hood you'll be fine with the regular battery..

#5 ·
Thank you all for the replies. The original battery is a Varta pb/acid maintenance free 100 A/h battery. Battery Plus has a Dura Cell AGM 92 A/h battery with a 48 month full replacement warranty for around $210 with my core. I did connect a 12 volt battery to the leads before removing the battery. I just hope I don't accidentally lost voltage when I'm replacing the new battery.
Thanks...

#6 ·
Honestly , I did attach a battery in parallel but lost connection for a couple seconds when I inadvertently disconnected one terminal during the reinstall. The most notable thing I noticed was the auto up and down of the windows which I fiddled with a got it back. Anything else would have to be discovered I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.