Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Brake Reduced braking effect start engine

14K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
My E320 2004 year model has been displaying this alert for some time and it comes on after leaving the car parked for a long period, beyond 8 hours. And I struggle to start the engine any time I see this message, most often jump-starting. It also displays "Battery Protection Conven. Functions temporarily Unavailable". I have replaced the main battery not long ago, about 4 months now. I sent it to an MB garage and asked them to check for possible drainage and they kept the car for over a month and I am still having this problem.

I need some help. Thanks

#2 ·
There is an issue with your SBC system. Also it could be related to one or both batteries in the car. The SBC equipped cars have a small auxillary backup battery under the cabin fresh air intake filter and the main battery in the trunk.

The car needs to scanned for SBC codes. The main battery should be fully load tested. If the auxillary battery has never been replaced it needs to be replaced regardless of whether or not the SBC system has real problem.

Are you having a problem with reduced braking power? If so the car must be fixed before somebody gets hurt or the car gets wiped out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.