Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Intake Manifold hose connector, part number??

13K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dmont 
#1 ·
I just replaced the flap on the intake manifold that commonly breaks.

BUT I broke a plastic connector removing one of the hoses front the front of it and I cannot find the part number anywhere, I have EPC but still cannot locate it, I must be blind

intake manifold is the same on all these model I think
C230 C280 C350 CLK350 E350 ML350 R350 SLK280 SLK350

Picture attached. I'm confident there must be someone here that can ID this.

UNLESS, this is something the Mercedes do not sell on its own, in which case, is there anything I can buy that will do the same job, connect the 4mm hose with no air leak to the manifold. Am hoping I don't have to buy another intake manifold just because I snapped a cheap bit of plastic, especially after doing such a good repair on the flap

fingers crossed

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Yes This is the best solution, tap both holes and put a brass hose fitting. You might need to cut the tip off the hose fitting as it might be too long. I did this, just remember to do it before you install the manifold. Forget about looking for the plastic connectors, I searched everywhere, then did this barb fitting and regretted wasting time looking for this flimsy plastic connector.

#6 ·
I bought an entire used manifold on eBay for $70. Looks like it will come with fuel rail, injectors and three of these little connectors.

I looked for three days on the web and never found those connectors. Even tried to call Pierburg's USA office but no live person answered.

Tapping into the magnesium was to scary for me. I'm more comfortable spending $70 on the used manifold. If I can get three connectors out of it, I can sell two, send the fuel injectors away for refurbishment, and then be happy when I install the refurbished injectors.

#7 ·
Used manifold arrived. It only had one of the connectors. Only way to get the connector off was to remove all of the bolts that connect the top half of the manifold to the bottom half, as well as cut all the hoses and electrical connections, and then hammer a chisel into the gasket in the middle to split it apart. Once opened, I was able to see where the connector was, and carefully removed the connector from the manifold by simultaneously applying pressure at all four points of the clipping arms with a small socket. Then the connector slid out.

I carefully cut the remaning bit of rubber hose off of the connector with a razor blade, taking care not to drop it or break it, and used a very tiny flat head screwdriver to pry off the remaining bit of hose. In order to reinstall the connector to my intake manifold, I temporarily removed the secondary air fan so I would have a straight shot to the manifold. It slid right in. I plugged in the hose, connected the secondary air fan back up, and could finally breath a sigh of relief.

All is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.