SRS, and SERVICE BRAKE VISIT WORKSHOP. - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2010
Post SRS, and SERVICE BRAKE VISIT WORKSHOP.

Hey Guys hope you are keeping well, I am looking a little help!
I have an E270 CDI 2003 W211, as in the title firstly the SRS light is staying on I've traced it back to the front passenger seat the computer is telling me the seat is occupied, or child seat faulty, can i by pass this to turn the light out? or can it be fixed? Secondly, Service Brake Visit workshop is on the instrument panel now it is not a RED light it is a standard warning light, Any idea's on what this could be? Again any info on this would be great. Thank you.

Sorry I've posted this in W212 the wrong page before, I will see if I can remove it.

Kevin.

Last edited by thegovner; 12-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.
thegovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 05 E320 CDI w/ 4 Zone Climate Control, Panaromic Roof, Parktronics. MB SDS equipped.
it has to be programmed in DAS Developer mode and the plug under the passenger seat has to be disconnected after. Dealers probably won't do it for you. You might have a better luck to just fix it.
crazypotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: 05 E320 CDI w/ 4 Zone Climate Control, Panaromic Roof, Parktronics. MB SDS equipped.
Mercedes W211 Seat occupied emulator

if you have a DAS at home, great. If not, good luck to find some shop who is willing to do it for you. In North America, liability is a big thing here.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

I think I can copy and paste the instructions for future reference.

"In Developer mode , you have to disable AKZE in passenger seat , when you disable this feature , passenger airbag in Dashboard , will work ALLWAYS when crash signal come's from the front of the car , even if no passenger is sitting in this chair . So by an accident from the front,you allways have to buy a new Dashboard + dash airbag as well

Important !! : After you disabled AKZE in SRS unit ,you will notice you can't erase the fault , or another fault came back (fault coding).
To complete procedure , you have to unplug the Yellow AKZE connector under passenger seat , so SRS can't measure anything connected on this input port.
Now you can erase Fault codes in SRS , and your SRS light in Instrumentcluster will go off

MUST READ !! Warning !! Warning !! After completing this procedure ,
make sure NEVER EVER a childseat will be mounted on this chair again Warning !! Warning !! (Warning sticker on Dash can save a childs life)

Everything discussed in this post is for experimental and educational purposes only"
Old 12-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypotato View Post
it has to be programmed in DAS Developer mode and the plug under the passenger seat has to be disconnected after. Dealers probably won't do it for you. You might have a better luck to just fix it.
Cheers crazypotato, forgive me for being silly what is DAS?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

DAS is a MB dealer level scanner. A computer to read out codes and to program units in the car.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

We have a Delphi diagnostics 2010 updated model reads and erases most vehicles codes, and much more, So disconnect the yellow plug under the ps seat read and erase the fault? will i leave the yellow plug unplugged once erased? thank you.
, crazypotato

Last edited by thegovner; 12-02-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 221.122 & 212.025 & 204.089 & 906.633
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegovner View Post
We have a Delphi diagnostics 2010 updated model reads and erases most vehicles codes, and much more, So disconnect the yellow plug under the ps seat read and erase the fault? will i leave the yellow plug unplugged once erased? thank you.
, crazypotato
Erasing the codes is not enough of course. Is this Delphi able to adjust settings for the control unit as explained above?

I wonder what was different with a W639 a friend of mine tried once, the sensor cable was detached but the control unit did not accept the new coding and obviously then it was not possible to get rid of the fault codes.
Diesel Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
Erasing the codes is not enough of course. Is this Delphi able to adjust settings for the control unit as explained above?

I wonder what was different with a W639 a friend of mine tried once, the sensor cable was detached but the control unit did not accept the new coding and obviously then it was not possible to get rid of the fault codes.
I'm not sure it is a new one, just getting used to it I'll check it out and get back, it cost about £2500 and does a load but not sure about reprogramming!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: e200k w211 2005
Smile Could be a SBC problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegovner View Post
Hey Guys hope you are keeping well, I am looking a little help!
I have an E270 CDI 2003 W211, as in the title firstly the SRS light is staying on I've traced it back to the front passenger seat the computer is telling me the seat is occupied, or child seat faulty, can i by pass this to turn the light out? or can it be fixed? Secondly, Service Brake Visit workshop is on the instrument panel now it is not a RED light it is a standard warning light, Any idea's on what this could be? Again any info on this would be great. Thank you.

Sorry I've posted this in W212 the wrong page before, I will see if I can remove it.

Kevin.
Pls have your SBC check. Service Brake Visit Workshop normally refers to the SBC being malfunctioned
sazarin is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class