LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:57 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post IS IT MOTOR MOUNTS OR TRANSMISSION MOUNT?

03' E320 (W211) - i have a slight vibration when i start the car and accelerate. when placed in nuetral smooth no vibration. you will hear the vibration rattling my central air outlet grill which is above the two center a/c vents at acceleration, but goes away. i now hear a slight clicking noise when driving the down the road, but goes away after the engine warms up real good. i believe it could be the mounts, but which? i would like to think just the transmission mount (easy fix). but how do you tell without taking to dealership? is there an answer for this question? thanks in advance for the your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 PM
BenzWorld Member

hey bud dont worry too much im pretty sure it was the mounts, i had the same problem and once it warms up it stops. Its the two engine mounts and the tranny mount. when changing be sure to use oem dealer parts not replicas mine had been changed with a replica it was horrible quality. The total for all 3 on mine was 475 plus tax so 520.... around 70-80k miles this is normal

E320 +Sport +Navi +Harmon Kardon +Dual Spoilers +All lights White/Blue + Exhaust Tips -Side markers

#3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 1988 Mercedes Benz 300E 144256 Miles. 2003 E500 105.XXX miles. 2005 ML55 AMG 72.XXX Miles
change both engine and transmission, engine mounts go first fallowed by trans mounts. I bought 2 engine mounts for 117$ with shipping and handling and 1 trans mount for 30$ with shipping and handling. My local mechanic wanted 480$ total to do the job but i decided to save some $$$ and so it my self. Good luck buddy
#4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2005 W211 E320
oohhh!!! I have the same problem jsut wanted to go back for body checking, if I wanted to DIY, please anyone can share the photo for the replace process?

Thanks.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingo56 View Post
03' E320 (W211) - i have a slight vibration when i start the car and accelerate. when placed in nuetral smooth no vibration. you will hear the vibration rattling my central air outlet grill which is above the two center a/c vents at acceleration, but goes away. i now hear a slight clicking noise when driving the down the road, but goes away after the engine warms up real good. i believe it could be the mounts, but which? i would like to think just the transmission mount (easy fix). but how do you tell without taking to dealership? is there an answer for this question? thanks in advance for the your opinions.
just found out that my transmission mount is ok and my left motor mount is leaking. now to replace the two motor mounts. is bilstein from parts geek a good product to replace mercedes orignal motor mounts? what does the forum (who has replaced their motor mounts) say on motor mount replacement? thanks in advance.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.