Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

auxillary battery

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  aeubank 
#1 ·
good morning...just like to know ..is it hard to change the auxillary battery for 2005 e320? and any ideas how much this batteries cost? and if its easy to change any suggestion/instruction please...thank you

#2 ·
the car charges the battery for you, and should the battery be out of the car it charges as per any conventional battery would:)

Nothing special when it comes to changing, 10mm deep socket/6 inch extension 1/4 inch drive....pass side under fresh air flap/behind the fire wall.

They are bloody expensive...I think around a couple hundred from the dealer.

Jonathan

#3 ·
tns Jonathan..yeah dealer is charging me around$388 for it.My car just came in for service A then all of a sudden they want to change the auxillary battery..which I dont see any warning lights in dash...it should right if its dying?...dealer said it might coz a lot of things if its dying..they said they tried charging it and still fail the test...he said it gives battery for brakes and acc. trying to scare me with that battery running the sbc...is that true..this crooks in the dealership is trying very hard to get something out from us...and if I need to replace its not that hard ..when I asked him he said...Oh it has to go to a special tech.....bunch of crap....and this dealer is...Penske of West Covina..
last time will go their.....for any service...they even charge me $200 to deodorize my a\c
soz smell coming out from it.....

#4 · (Edited)
find a local california dealer or online retailer and go pick up the battery for $120 bucks ISH and pop it in yourself, or find a similar sized alternative but I would pay a few extra bones for a MB battery

AND

GO back to them and tell them you want a complete refund for the A/C deodorization!!!

There is a bulletin about this and it is supposed to be done for FREE!!

Star Bulletin Order No. S-B-83.30/74p

Demand a refund and threaten to call a local rep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.