VIN number look up... - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 04:35 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Mavrick77's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2008 ML550 /// 2003 E320
Location: Ohio
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
VIN number look up...

hey guys, I am trying to take care of my wifes 2003 E320, as she never does it.

is there still a website where you enter your VIN # and they tell you all the specifics about your car, i.e. cabin filters, interior color, paint color, etc....

also does anyone know off the top of their head if the 2003 E320, NON 4 matic, has a charcol filter inside the car, or just the one under the hood for dust? thanks, before I tear her engine apart I wanna order what I need, only wanna do this once.... just found out she had two air filters, LOL damn.
Mavrick77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:01 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2006 R3504M, 2007 E3504M
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
US based users can suscribe for free to EPC Net. https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/home.jsp. This is the interface the parts guy uses at the counter. Based on your VIN, this will give you your datacard, and all parts as well.

You can also run your VIN on this russian web site to get your datacard: Mercedes-Benz Club Russia | Mercedes-Benz / VIN

------------------------
2006 R350 4MATIC
2007 E350 4MATIC
lippens is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,210
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick77 View Post
hey guys, I am trying to take care of my wifes 2003 E320, as she never does it.

is there still a website where you enter your VIN # and they tell you all the specifics about your car, i.e. cabin filters, interior color, paint color, etc....

also does anyone know off the top of their head if the 2003 E320, NON 4 matic, has a charcol filter inside the car, or just the one under the hood for dust? thanks, before I tear her engine apart I wanna order what I need, only wanna do this once.... just found out she had two air filters, LOL damn.

The separate charcoal filters exist only in cars with the 4-zone AC. A European E320 could have this as an option, not sure about the US models.

How long have you been married? I assume not more than a week, you should not expect you wife to be concerned about car service.
Diesel Benz is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:35 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
NSKPhila's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: 2011 C300 Luxury & 2004 CLK500 Cabriolet
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got the 03 320.. late build with standard climate control.. there is no charcoal filter inside the veh.
NSKPhila is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
mksevo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2010
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am logged into the EPC , if you give me your vin I will send you an email with the data card info.

mksevo is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,210
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mksevo View Post
I am logged into the EPC , if you give me your vin I will send you an email with the data card info.

His datacard can be pulled from the Russian site too, if he does not want to use the free US EPC service.
Diesel Benz is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Mavrick77's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2008 ML550 /// 2003 E320
Location: Ohio
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSKPhila View Post
I've got the 03 320.. late build with standard climate control.. there is no charcoal filter inside the veh.
Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
The separate charcoal filters exist only in cars with the 4-zone AC. A European E320 could have this as an option, not sure about the US models.

How long have you been married? I assume not more than a week, you should not expect you wife to be concerned about car service.
hahahahaha... we have only been married about a year. I ussually do her oil changes and stuff... but then the other day I started thinking, my god has she ever changed her air filters, etc.... when I pulled out her 2 air filters, they were not only dirty, but had loose dirt even in the pleats, LOL... of course when putting the air filter housing back on, I bumped the black cap for the tranny fill line, and knocked it down onto the skid plate....let me tell you, with no real jack, its fun to take thoose off in the garage. anyone know where to get a hydralic jack for cheap?

thanks for all your guys help
Mavrick77 is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:32 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
NSKPhila's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: 2011 C300 Luxury & 2004 CLK500 Cabriolet
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
try Sears or Harbor Freight??
NSKPhila is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 06:55 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 1995 e320
Location: bismarck, nd
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any clue why the russian site isnt working? my vin number is wdbea28e9pc010239. i would like to get the datacard for this VIN.
ironponygrl is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 05:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,210
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironponygrl View Post
any clue why the russian site isnt working? my vin number is wdbea28e9pc010239. i would like to get the datacard for this VIN.
Try harder, a bit of searching over this site would give you other Russian sites that work, like this:
enter VIN_press button_select any region_click data card
Diesel Benz is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
Vin number look up? Blu 420sel W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 4 09-08-2011 06:48 PM
Help with VIN number MBZ88 General Mercedes-Benz 4 08-03-2009 10:14 AM
16 number VIN xtcbytes W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 1 01-13-2008 12:24 PM
Need Help with VIN Number Jayare R129 SL Class 5 10-05-2006 05:07 AM
VIN NUMBER. merconian General Mercedes-Benz 1 10-13-2003 11:18 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome