BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2004 E320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
code c2131 pressure reservior faulty

My 2004 E320 just got serviced by independent MB mechanic, and I was told that there is a possible problem with SBC braking system. Does anyone know what code C2131 means ? Does it mean just pressure reservoir faulty ? How does it linked to SBC ?
There was message 'Brake visit workshop'. Mechanic replaced the rear and told me the front ones are fine. Today, I got this in RED, 'Brake, increased braking distance/reduced braking ... visit workshop.. flashing words.

Will replacement SBC module will solve all problem ? I mean the message in Red..Please HELP !!

2004 E320 70K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Most of the SBC system is under a ten year warranty campaign. I would get to a dealer at the
soonest possible time.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2006 E320 CDI, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2009 GL320 Bluetec
More than likely the mechanic botched the brake work. The SBC system has a high pressure accumulator that stores pressures to apply the brakes. If the mechanic wasn't careful the system could have jammed a check valve open preventing the accumulator from holding pressure.

The system is relatively simple but you had better know what you are doing before working on these brakes.

You may only need a pressure bleed followed by an SBC accumulator pressure check, of course only somebody with STAR or a dealership can do this.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2004 E320
(Thread Starter)
I took the car to the dealer. It was under warranty (10 yr), and they replaced control module. All Red alert of braking distance..Gone.. It runs just fine now. Thank you.. =)

2004 E320 70K
#5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 2003 E320
I had the same problem with the Red Dash saying "Stop Car Visit Workshop". From reading forums, I thought it to be the SBC pump that was under warranty. Well, the dealership said it was the SBC Pressure reservoir and not the pump for 1200 bucks of course. On Friday they told me if it WAS the pump, I'd have the Red Dash and no brakes. I told them that's what it is! They say the pump is not coding but the reservoir is. I just got off phone to complain to MB corporate. The dealer won't just replace the pump because the computer says it's the reservoir and not the pump. But the tech said the Red Dash warning would only come on if pump failed. I've had the brake malfunction on for two years and never the red dash code on until lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.