Water leaking into driver's footwell - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBPOR View Post
Is there a Drain hose in passenger side only or also in driver side as well?
MB recommends removing drain nozzles installed at production to prevent clogging this may have already been performed on your vehicle drains are located in both driver & passenger wheel housings.
konigstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
There is another water leak issue that affects some W211 models. I cannot remember where it exactly came but it needed fixing at the lower A-pillar area, perhaps konigstiger would be able to find some details?
Diesel Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Thank you konigstiger,
I could not locate the pipe on passenger side....
We are having once in a year size rainy week in SocAl.

I hope everyone drive safe!
MBPOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2009
Thumbs up Water Drains Cleaned

After being parked outdoors for 3 days with frequent rain, I found my drivers (RH) footwell waterlogged. Close inspection fololwing this thread showed the compartments below the bonnet vent to be full of water. I removed both drains and found them blocked with fine mud - as per pic. Car is 7 years old. A laborious but easy job to remove and clean. I replaced the the rubber drains having cut off the narrow tips - allowing easier throughflow. Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Water leaking into driver's footwell-water-drain-2.jpg  
boyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Water on the floor is often a result of a leaking moonroof

A moon roof cannot totally seal out rain water - so, it must allow the water to drain faster than it enters. This is done by small holes connected to drain hoses on the left and right side (you can see them when the roof is opened).
The hoese are routed down each A pillar. If you have a leak on the floor, it is very possible that water is overflowing on that side, and following the hose down the A pillar (on the outside of the hose), and ending up on the floor. I had this experience, and solved the problem by removing an oval shaped Elm seed that was lodged in the drain. I pulled out the seed - problem solved.
sllm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 1995 C280 143K mi
I had a very bad flood in my C280 a couple of years ago and this was rain water dripping in by the driver's side through the blower panel under the dash. The dealer said that my drain pipes were clogged. Is what you are describing also same in my car (if you know)? I want to clean my drain pipes and whatever else needs cleaning before this happens again.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkacik View Post
At the base of the windshield is a grille for fresh air entering the climate control system. Typically there are a few hatches that can open by hand.
Under this is an air box in which the blower is mounted. The bottom of the air box should have some water exits to allow water to escape. These may just be a collection of little flaps arranged in a circle like a heart valve or may look like a cows udder that will drain when squeezed. If crud gets through the grille above, then the drains may get clogged and the air box can overflow.

So... don't look at the leaves on top of the grille nor the drains at the fenders. Look into the grille and down into the dark air box.

Good Luck,
Peter
Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 2007 E350 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by konigstiger View Post
MB recommends removing drain nozzles installed at production to prevent clogging this may have already been performed on your vehicle drains are located in both driver & passenger wheel housings.
Can you post a picture or a diagram showing more clearly where the nozzles are, and perhaps how the roof, A pillars, and cowling systems are supposed to carry water off the car? Does MB recommend replacing the drain nozzles, or just removing them and leaving them off?
Heatwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: E500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
Can you post a picture or a diagram showing more clearly where the nozzles are, and perhaps how the roof, A pillars, and cowling systems are supposed to carry water off the car? Does MB recommend replacing the drain nozzles, or just removing them and leaving them off?
I was also wondering the same thing about location. I have at times had water in the driver side area of the brake pedal. This NOT when it is raining but A/C on and 95+ with 100% humidity days after long drives. It does not happen on local drives. Guess I don't understand how a/c condensate would build enough to overflow on my foot on long drives. Not trying to get off the origional topic but I also have water on the right side, but only a few drops.
vettdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettdvr View Post
I was also wondering the same thing about location. I have at times had water in the driver side area of the brake pedal. This NOT when it is raining but A/C on and 95+ with 100% humidity days after long drives. It does not happen on local drives. Guess I don't understand how a/c condensate would build enough to overflow on my foot on long drives. Not trying to get off the origional topic but I also have water on the right side, but only a few drops.
If it is not from rain, isn't it a different drain pipe, the one from the heater core that could be blocked.

Perhaps not fully blocked and then no water overflowing after short trips and the water drains slowly when the car is parked?

Diesel Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
Our law firm has been contacted by numerous W-211 owners who have sustained damage to their vehicles as a result of these clogged drains. The problem is that owners are not made aware of these drains or the need to clean them until after it is usually too late. If your vehicle sustained water damage as a result of these clogged drains, please contact us at sunroofdrain-lawsuit.com as we may be able to help.
mendy9677 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class