Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W211 Sport suspension rear rattle

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tronics14 
#1 · (Edited)
My W211 E350 4Matic 2007 came with sport suspension. Now when I hit wide expansion joints or pavement cracks I hear a rattle coming from the rear suspension. It sounds like a loose spring rattling in the perch. I jacked the car and can't find anything that appears loose. Does anyone have a clue as to this annoying rattle?

Dealership found the cause - loose caliper clips. They were replaced and the noise is completely gone. Now to replace the squeeking rear brake pads.

#2 ·
make sure you eliminated anything loose inside the trunk area. so you dont have air or abc suspension correct. i know when a rear shock goes bad with steel spring suspension it makes a hollow steel spring rattle noise. have someone ride in trunk and while you drive see if they can hear which side and what part of the trunk they hear it. if it does sound like that and comes from the area where the shock would be, most likely a shock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.