BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: Mercedes E320 CDI (2004)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes E320 CDI Fuse Box Chart

Apologies to the Administrators for repeating my questions. I orginally posted this under 'new member introductions' but quickly realised that my query is more appropriate to the W211 Forum. Here goes and I hope somebody can help ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have searched the forums so please excuse my ignorance if this question has previously been addressed.

A few weeks ago my front cigerrette lighter stopped working on my W211 2004 E320 CDI (UK Spec). I am not a smoker but I tend to use the front power socket for other utilities (i.e. son's Nintendo charger etc). Whilst the rear charger still works I still need to understand if the front power socket's fuse simply needs replacing.

The problem - I have had my car for 4-years (trouble free) and I really do not want to take the car into a work shop simply to change a fuse and be charged an hours labour for the pleasure.

My E320 appears to have three fuse Boxes:
  1. Main Fuse Box - Front drivers side dash
  2. Near Engine under Bonnet
  3. Rear by DVD Box. Not sure how i get to this though.

I am honestly not sure where the front cigerrette lighter fuse is located. The Fuse Charts that should be associated with the fuse boxes appear to have gone missing and the owners manual simply states 'see chart with fuse box'. I have also checked the tool box and there are no charts.

I have read through a number of threads and some users state the front power socket fuse as no F54 and others as No.31. Not sure who is correct. What I need answers to:
  • I will be extremely grateful for the correct Fuse No, Correct Ampage and its precise location.
  • PDF or Word document of Fuse Charts for future reference.

Many thanks in advance, Kool

.................................................. ..........................................

Since my posting I have managed to browse find the attached Main Fuse box Chart. This chart is correct for my MB Model but only depicts the Rear and Trunk Power Plugs and not the front. As both of these are 15 Amps, I guess the front must also be 15 Amps (?)

p.s. If nothing else, I am sure the attached PDF will prove useful as a Sticky.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuse Chart E320 CDI 2004 W2111.pdf (204.5 KB, 9139 views)

Last edited by Kool; 03-19-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The front cigarette lighter fuse should be fuse #54 at the engine compartment. This indeed should be a 15 A fuse.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:07 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Deisel. I will check later on and confirm.

The funniest thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it ...
#4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Hi Diesel

Need similar info to Kool. There is no chart for the fuse box under the bonnet. Have checked the fuses and some are definitely switched from the ignition key. Those on the side of the dash are all permanent live. Do you have a chart showing the location of the fuses and their assignements ? Or can you tell me which is fuse 54 ?

Cheers
Martin
#5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinmarcus View Post
Hi Diesel

Need similar info to Kool. There is no chart for the fuse box under the bonnet. Have checked the fuses and some are definitely switched from the ignition key. Those on the side of the dash are all permanent live. Do you have a chart showing the location of the fuses and their assignements ? Or can you tell me which is fuse 54 ?

Cheers
Martin
Fuse Location - MBWorld.org Forums
#6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 12:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fuse numbers are printed at the SAM too. I never checked my W211 but the W221 and the W204 had the fuse chart booklet at the trunk along with the tools.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 11:44 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
The cigerrete lighter fuse is indeed located in the fuse box by the engine. F54 is located within the row of 15 amp fuses and is the bottom fuse looking top to down. If you still are not sure, simply check all the 15 amp fuses (I recall there only being four) for which one is fused.

The funniest thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it ...
#8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Thank you all for this help. much appreciated. Just need to figure out the best way to get the wiring under the fuse box so that i can tap off the switched supply to my road angel. Was thinking, how difficult would it be to get to the wiring for the cigarette lighter, could just use a tap in connector and save dismounting the fuse box ? Any ideas ? Regards to all.
#9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
removal of teleaid fuse?

1. Is there a fuse for the teleaid that I can remove?
2. Will this produce any error message?

My SOS keeps randomly turning on, shutting off my music and of course not connecting (because I have analog and no service). I just want it to stop...forever. Thanks for the help.
#10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2009
Cigarette lighter fuse

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a chart for the engine compartment fuse box. In fact, the user manual for my 2005 E320 CDI does not even mention the engine compartment fuse box. However, the fuse for my car was the 15 amp closest to the windshield. Now everything AOK.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class