Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

05 e320 cdi lightbulb replacement

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Diesel Benz 
#1 ·
hi. looking for info on how to replace a halogen lightbulb on the headlights as well as taillights and foglights....please don't tell me I need a whole new light assembly...thank you!

#2 ·
So the car does not have Bi-xenon head lights? The manual should tell how to change the low beam and high beam bulbs, anyway pretty straightforward from the engine bay, remove the rubber/plastic cover behind the lamp unit to access the bulbs.

Do you mean front fog lights or rear, or both? The front fog light bulbs can be changed through a small service flap at the bottom panel close to the fog lights.

The rear light bulbs are mostly HiP bulbs, the centre brake light led, so are other brake lights on some cars (mainly with xenons). Bulbs at the rear are not supposed to be changed individually. It isn't the whole light assembly but the full circuit board that needs to be changed if bulbs are gone. Excluding the rear licence plate bulbs that are "normal" bulbs.

#4 ·
The bulbs are soldered to the circuit board, perhaps you would want to keep fixing those corroded contacts once the car gets older. My W211 turned five years old and I have not changed a single bulb (it has xenons) and we have to drive main (plus parking of course) lights always on.

Seriously, the assembly isn't exactly cheap to replace but on the long run this isn't bad actually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.