Date registered: Nov 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Airmatic relay location

Hi

I have a w211 with airmatic.
After approx 200m of driving the "Visit workshop" comes up in the display.
I can sometimes hear the airmatic pump running when I start the car.
I am wondering if it could be the relay that is is faulty sometimes. Could also be the pump but first of all I would like to change the relay to see if that helps.
Can anyone tell me which relay is the Airmatic relay? I have looked in the fuse plan, but this only tells me about the fuses. There is no relay plan.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards Jesper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:37 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to NAPTOWNBENZ
The relay part # is 002 542 23 19. It is green and located in Slot s in the front SAM.
If you need anymore help let me know.
Shawn
Mercedes-Benz of Annapolis
www.getmercedesparts.com
#3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Hello Shawn

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
Today I searched thru the rear and the the front SAM. I found relay slot A to R, but no slot S.
I took a picture of the front SAM: http://www.micheelsen.dk/W211

I dont know if it makes a difference, but my car is a euro model since I live in Sweden.

Kind regard
Jesper
#4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 03:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdk View Post
Hello Shawn

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
Today I searched thru the rear and the the front SAM. I found relay slot A to R, but no slot S.
I took a picture of the front SAM: http://www.micheelsen.dk/W211

I dont know if it makes a difference, but my car is a euro model since I live in Sweden.

Kind regard
Jesper
The airmatic relay should be at the the bottom right of your figure, outside the main fuse/relay area. Perhaps it has been misplaced by a previous owner? I might take a photo from my car, I would just have to remember doing that.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 03:49 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Thanks a lot.
I looked in the SAM again. I found a relay slot and a relay hanging loose in the right lower corner. There were no slot indentification. The relay was a black TYCO relay with part # 002 542 13 19.
I replaced it with a spare relay and after that I haven´t had any malfunctions coming up in the display. So I cross my fingers, and will report back after some days.

Kind regards from
Jesper
#6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 11:56 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to NAPTOWNBENZ
Sorry I wasn't aware that you were in sweden. The relay #'s and location might be different. That is the correct # and location for the US models.
I have a weird question. We call European cars gray market cars. What do Europeans call US cars........Black market maybe?
Shawn
www.getmercedesparts.com
#7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 01:03 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
I haven´t heard what we call US models here i Europe....There are a lot of people who import cars from US at the moment due to the exchange rate. But most people here in Europe do not like to buy used cars imported from US. Mostly because of the tacho readings and because of the amber lights around the car.

Well as written I changed the hanging loose relay. But this morning the malfunction went back on. So it must be the wrong relay or perhaps the relay is not the problem.
I have just bought Carsoft 7.4 hardware and software. I will have to connect my laptop to my car to see if that could help me with a more specific fault diagnose.
Perhaps it has nothing to do with the relay. I don´t want to use more time on relay finding before I have a more specific fault diagnose.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 10:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPTOWNBENZ View Post
Sorry I wasn't aware that you were in sweden. The relay #'s and location might be different. That is the correct # and location for the US models.
I have a weird question. We call European cars gray market cars. What do Europeans call US cars........Black market maybe?
Shawn
www.getmercedesparts.com
Where did you look at the relay position? I don't think there is a difference between Europe (Sweden) and the US. It is on slot S as you stated but slot S is not part of the basic relay slots at the front fuse and relay box, so jmdk must have replaced the correct relay.

I'm assuming the pump is bad or there is a leak and the pump needs to run longer than it should (where the car detects a malfunction).

By the way, I thought grey market cars were the same in Europe and the US, cars that individual owners (or even used car shops) have imported instead of the official importing company, like MBUSA in your case? A Mercedes built in Sindelfingen could be a grey import car to Germany if it visits e.g. the US first. Most US car models in Europe are equally "genuine" imported cars as German cars (assuming a different European country from Germany).

Note that a Mercedes would be an imported car in Germany while Volvo would not (usually not even if it was built in Belgium ). We usually do not talk about a European car make but name a specific country while I believe you don't make that clear distinction with the state a US car was built in (so far even EU members are independent countries anyway).

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W211 E-Class