Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

charge battery (W211, E350)

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hot E320 
#1 ·
I have question concerning charge battery: there are two batteries in my car (W211, E350T, 2006);

1). if they both need to be charged time to time when the car has not been drive for months?

2). if I can charge the system battery (in the trunk) without disconnet the battery? or the battery must be disconnected and taken out?

3). Can I charge the batteries by connecting my charge to the jump start connectors (in the hood)?

#3 ·
These are AGM battery's and CANNOT be charged using conventional chargers.

The prescribed MAXIMUM rate of charge is 10% of the Ah rating for the respective battery to prevent damage to the internal matting structures.

You can safely charge the battery in the vehicle since AGM's do not produce any gas. However if charged at too high of a rate with the incorrect charger you could have an explosion or at the very least a damaged battery(s).

I would suggest you contact your local Mercedes dealer and explain to them that the car is being left for extended periods of time without use. Let them prescribe a correct charger to be used with these battery's and how best to trickle charge the cells.

DB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.