Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Keyless go

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hecdog 
#1 ·
Newbie with a 5 days old 06 e500 4matic. I hope I won't need a PhD to figure out the car. Right now, keyless go works strange: I need to pull on the door handle three times before it unlocks, and then all four windows come down. I can't figure out what setting to change, and the owners manual has not helped so far. Can an experienced owner help me?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
odel said:
all four windows come down.
— hmm, appears as if it goes into the summer function. Opens the roof, takes down windows, and puts on the seat ventilation.

Cannot say what is wrong.

However, the W211 is pretty similar to a computer. When it gets hung up, it does at times especially before you are used to handling it, you simply reboot it. To do that, you shut down the car, lock it up, and go away long enough for it to shut down all systems. It takes a minute or two. Then, you start it again. If it does not work see your dealer.

Another quirky thing, if you happen to shut of the engine while you still have a foot on the break pedal you may get all kinds of malfuction messages relating to the light system telling you to see a workshop although there is nothing wrong with you lamps. After a reboot, as described above, all the malfunction messages dissappear.

I assume you already checked the batteries in the key.

#3 ·
Thank you for such a quick feedback. I am getting worried that I am now driving Windows XP. At the least, it is one great driving machine. I'll post again if the remedy you describe works.

#4 ·
Yes, summer mode. You kinda have to remove your hand from squeezing the handle too long, or it'll think you're asking it to open all windows, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.