Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E20 performance ???

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  COR Wheels 
#1 ·
Hey whats up? i'm going to be getting an '03 or '04 E20 soon, and was just wondering if anybody makes a performance chip for them? i did a yahoo search and couldn't find much. also there is a lowering modual that works with a certain type of suspension, just was wondering if the 03/04 e20's have the right kind of suspension... this is what is says. "This module will fit any ABC or AirMatic Mercedes using a user selectable switch. " do the 320's have that? this is the site. " Dyno-Comp :: Mercedes Benz Products " the product is called Mercedes RENNtech New Generation Lowering module would appreciate any help, thanks.

#4 ·
Airmatic can be separately ordered for any W211 in Europe (have had Airmatic on two E320CDIs). Isn't it also available for the smaller W211 cars in the US through the sports package or something like that? If you have the VIN of the car, this would be easy to check.

Putting the factory Airmatic as a retrofit isn't as easy as "installing separate air shocks", perhaps you mean an after market (non-MB) setup.

#5 ·
no if it doesn't come with the airmatic, i wouldn't even bother adding it. cuz the computer to lower it is about 1200 plus all the other extras i gotta get, is going to be to much $$$ so i would lean towards air shocks (like hydros with switches, but not bad for the car like hydros) from some aftermarket company i just want it to be slammed, because i love that look, and with the 22" spinners, it will look dope slammed down like that. plus when i park, i can set it all the way down, no way to get a jack under the car = no one can steal your rims.

anyone know a good company to get an aftermarket exhaust system for the E320's??

this is my plan for when i get my E320

dark ass tint (maybe mirror)
loud ass stereo, i love music, so i gotta have that
air ride, or that suspension controller (if equipped with airmatic)
22" spinners (or biggest i can fit)
ALL clear tail lights
aftermarket alarm with remote start and 2 way pager capability...will also hook the remote up to stereo, lights, and windows.
a computer chip for a little extra power (if they even make one)
a full track intake/exhaust system
and then a year later when the car is all payed off, i might throw a little twin turbo setup on there, just to ice the cake. i would take a twin turbo 6cyl, over the turbocharged version anyday, especially if its a dual sequential setup for low rpm boost and max boost in the higher r's way lighter, faster reving, will kick ass...plus who has a twin turbo mercedes????

#6 ·
get a lincoln or caddy it will be cheaper and there 's no way you can put 22's on the e320 with out lifting it so that wont work, im just saying get an airrunner suspension which you can control from the inside of your car, blackout the taillights, and you can go through with your performance plans but also the v12 guys have twin turbo mercedes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.