Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MB Bluetooth MHI w/ Treo 680?

843 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Diesel Benz 
#1 ·
Searched all the threads and don't see anything on the 680. My wife and I both have them. Just got our (well, her) new 07 E350 and ordered the MHI. My wife got it yesterday and plugged it in. When she gets in the car with her phone as it attempts to pair, the phone freezes. Anybody out there with a 680?

As a sidenote, she called auto wireless to order it the other day. Our salesman told us that although it was not on the approved list that he had many clients with treos and that it would work. Armed with that info, my wife asked about it and was told no it will not work. Being an engineer, she wanted to know why. She was told that treos don't work with bluetooths, which we know is not true, as we both use them. When she pushed back, he refused to give his name and then hung up on her. I ended up ordering it online and received a phonecall from them within a few minutes. Of course, he needed to cover his butt with the not approved thing, but was very nice and appologized for the experience. I can't imagine that it won't work at all. Anybody?

#2 · (Edited)
I'm not at all familiar with the Treo but have you checked that it has got the latest SW loaded?

There are a few Treo experts on this forum (or Audio & Telematics preferrably), I'd suggest searching their posts and following the links they provide. If the phone “should work”, it sounds like somebody had been successful and it would work if it had the correct SW and correct setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.