Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E500 Advice

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Musikmann 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of selling my '94 E420, '97 E320 and (sob) my '70 300SEL 6.3 and replacing those with 1 car. I'm looking at the E500/E55 models from 2000 to 2004. I've got a V-8 Jones and there's nothing I can do about it. I'll be seeking a very low mileage unit.

What should I be particularly concerned about in my PPI? What problems-routine or unusual-should I anticipate over a 5 year ownership period. I love to drive, but my commute is short and we drive all the cars about equally. Going down to one, I'm guessing I'm in the 8-10,000 miles per year range.

Thanks for your input.

#4 ·
Prasse said:
The E500 eats tyres.
What do you mean by eats tires? Mine has 20,000 miles on the original Continentals and they look to last another 20,000. 40,000 is not bad... The tires are getting very noisy however so I will probably go with Michelins for the next set.

#6 ·
What should I be particularly concerned about in my PPI?

Thanks for your input.[/QUOTE]

Have a Dealer run a VMI on the Vehicle in Question to see the history..and See IF it was a LEMON..Same complaint/repair SEVERAL Visits!

a normal PPI safety and inspection of ALL Items and a compression/leakdown test (WARM) ..

Then a Visit to a High End Body Shop for another Inspection..Paint work/Frame damage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.