Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Service C?

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  BenzDude06 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the includes or how long it takes?

#4 ·
Oil and filter change, check all other fluid levels and correct if required.

Brake and Suspension inspection (and grease if required)

Engine and drive train inspection

Replace both fuel filters, check air filter.

Function check including lights, horn, wiper etc.

Test drive and written report.

#5 ·
no clue said:
Oil and filter change, check all other fluid levels and correct if required.

Brake and Suspension inspection (and grease if required)

Engine and drive train inspection

Replace both fuel filters, check air filter.

Function check including lights, horn, wiper etc.

Test drive and written report.
Thank You for your detail, i apreciate it.

#10 ·
BenzDude06 said:
took a visit to the dealer earliar, they said it will cost about $200+
but does the car really need that much service at only 3,700 miles???
Oil changes are now based on 13Kmi / 1 yr, whichever comes first. Does you car fit in those limits? Also, fuel filter replacement is around 50Kmi -- same as air filters unless you're driving in dusty areas (but not at 3.7Kmi).

Changing the oil & filter plus all the inspections is a typical A or B service, and A service is around $200.

Regards,
paul...

#12 ·
BenzDude06 said:
took a visit to the dealer earliar, they said it will cost about $200+
but does the car really need that much service at only 3,700 miles???
Why are you taking your car to the dealer with only 3700 miles? With that many miles on the car all you need is a tire rotation!

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT change the oil on this car! Leave the original factory fill in the motor until 13,000 miles OR when the FSS says to change it.

Just got my oil sample back with 10,600 miles on it and the oil is ins EXTREMELY good condition and easily suitable for approx the full life of 19,000 miles (yes MB limits us to 13,000 miles in the US).

I suggest leaving your car alone and just drive it without performing needless and possibly damaging services that are not required.

DB

#13 ·
MB incorporated a Differential pressure sensor in the MAF housing to detect a restricted air filter. This detects actual restriction and will trigger a service should the filter (in dusty conditions) warrants replacement.

This eliminates arbitrary changes that lead to less efficient filtration into the motor. If you have to ask air filters get better the longer they are used, more frequent changes of air filters can and will lead to damage to the MAF sensor by way of contamination of fine dust particles. These are attracted to the static charge on the MAF sensor and cause overheating of the element and burn out of the $400 sensor.

Below is a burned out MAF sensor...Oiled air filters or excessive filter changes will kill these sensors.

DB

Attachments

#14 ·
BenzDude06 said:
thanks for the info paulv
looking at how my car doesnt fit neither limits, what do you think is the best thing to do now?
I'd be asking the dealer why FSS came up at 3700 miles with this service indication. I agree with DB as nothing needs to be done on your car at this point except find out why FSS tripped this early.

Regards,

paul...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.