Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Leaking transmission fluid! 2004 E320 4Matic. 1700 miles!

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  konigstiger 
#1 ·
I just had my new E320 towed this weekend after it completely drained itself of all transmission fluid. (1700 miles on car) The dealership says they have no parts to fix the problem, nor are there any in Germany. I will have to wait until the "make one an ship it over". Also, I've had the same radio static problem as everyone else! What has happened to MB quality and service???!!![:(]

#3 ·
The local Mercedes dealership did say it was the transmission. They said they do not have the parts and when they checked with Germany, they did not have the part in either! The dealership has had my car three weeks now, and they say the will not have the part until the second week in May! This will be my last Mercedes. This has been unreal nightmare. Mercedes quality has definitely achieved an all time low. The dealership said that Mercedes was aware of this problem, and that is has happened before. Anyone with a new 2004, be sure and continue to check your car.

#4 ·
snowht said:
I just had my new E320 towed this weekend after it completely drained itself of all transmission fluid. (1700 miles on car) The dealership says they have no parts to fix the problem, nor are there any in Germany. I will have to wait until the "make one an ship it over".[:(]
I had the same problem. Within the first month I saw red fluid on my garage floor. Brought it back 4 times before they realized it was a "connector" not being long enough causing the leak.

I took it as far as pursuing a lemon case - went to arbitration but got turned down. Could have taken it to trial but didn't want to be bothered any more at that point especially since the problem appears to have been remained fixed.

#5 ·
snowht would you tell us where you are located? Your profile is not filled out & does not give the rest of us a clue if we can help.

#6 ·
snowht said:
I just had my new E320 towed this weekend after it completely drained itself of all transmission fluid. (1700 miles on car) The dealership says they have no parts to fix the problem, nor are there any in Germany. I will have to wait until the "make one an ship it over". Also, I've had the same radio static problem as everyone else!
FYI (Probably not your problem however, worth mentioning for the to benefit other members.) Service campaign 2006020008 JAN07 (initially released 3/06) Inspect transmission pilot bushing at electrohydraulic unit and replace if necessary; e320 4matic VIN range X147479 – X170826. If your vehicle is not included in service campaign: DTB P-B-27.00/47e JAN07 – Transmission leaking oil in the area of the electric connection.

Radio

You do not mention when you hear the static however, here are the most common fixes for static.
(1) DTB P-B-82.62/361a DEC04 - Crackling and static noises from speakers when radio is on; May be caused by bad grounding of the AGW. Cleaning contact surfaces or replacing the AGW bracket with a Zinc coated AGW bracket (part # A211 545 87 40) is recommended.
(2) P-B-82.62/499 MAR06 AM radio interference during braking or when driving in the rain, Model 211 (2003 – 2005) The AM interference is the result of wearing of the 50% brake wear sensor. When the brake is activated, the exposed strands of the worn sensor create an electrical circuit, which can then cause radio interference. The same condition can occur while driving in the rain, even when the brake pedal is not activated, because SBC periodically may apply the brakes as part of the system’s dry brake function. The matter is addressed by cutting off the wires at the brake wear sensor’s harness connector and at the sensor. The sensor from the outer brake pad will not be removed and the connector of the brake wear sensor will remain plugged into the wire harness to protect the plug contacts/terminals from corrosion. There are two front brake pad wear sensors (left warns at 50%, right warns at 100%) and one rear that warns at 100%. When exchanging brake linings, no new brake wear sensor should be installed. Due to the removal of the brake wear sensor, the maintenance computer may instruct “Check Brake Linings” at each future maintenance session, even if the brake linings are new. As of model year 2006 the 50% brake wear sensor has been eliminated from production vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.