After Battery Pull - How long until the car can pass emissions? Gather info etc - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2000 e55 White.
Send a message via ICQ to molitar
After Battery Pull - How long until the car can pass emissions? Gather info etc

Ok - I read back to 2007 and cant find the answer

I ran sea foam in the car last night.. through a vacuum line which sets off a CEL... (of course) so rather then wait for it to reset (I had an emissions test to do today) I took board advice and pulled negative and then started up... CEL gone.. however it wont pass now since the car hasnt gathered enough data to pass to the DMV.

Anyone know how many miles you must drive to reactivate the sensors etc?

Thanks

Jon

- last small question- whats the best way to troubleshoot the leaking seat issue? I checked the pump.. its blowing for about 1 minute before it stops.. then the seats deflate. i can hear a small whoosh from the passengers seat... the controls function during that minute that they inflate... then they no longer function after that point.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2000 e55 White.
Send a message via ICQ to molitar
Well to answer my own question- i dont know if its ok - but i found the answer here:

Failed NJ State Inspection for ODBII/Emissions Failure - MBWorld.org Forums

after pulling battery it takes up to 45 minutes of driving for the sensors to gather enough data to give an "ok" code.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG