Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

how much for a 2001 E55?

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  HockeyGod 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm new to the forum, just registered last week. I'm from Canada and i've been looking for an E55 lately. They are pretty rare here in Quebec. I've found one in BC, a 2001 E55 with 90k km (56k miles). The guy asked me how much would i pay for it. I would like to know how much should i offer him for it? Since i'm in Canada, i think the price is higher than in USA. I was thinking $ 16k would be enough?
Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
wow.. 16k is a bit low. for that LOW of mileage, i would bet he would want at least 20K. i bought mine two yrs ago with 54K miles and got it for 25K thru a dealer.

i would say fair value...maybe like 18K??? others will chime in here. check ebay and compare values. really, he could tell you a price and you would have to pay it b/c you have no other options. these are extremely rare cars to find. But trust me, you will love the car. i do everytime i get in and turn that key!

good luck my friend!
Aj

#4 ·
Well, I've been pricing them for the last year or so, on Craigslist, ebay, autotrader, etc, and I've only been looking at 2000 to 2002's, and only under 100k. For $18k you should be able to find a 2002 with all options, and probably 60k for mileage.

Price has taken a huge plunge over the last year, especially the last 6 months. I've seen them advertised as low as $12.9 with under 100k.

#3 ·
16K is a good fair price due to today's economy... Those low mileage'd w210 E55s on eBay are listed over & over & over since they can't even sell at 17k-18k. Take note, many are being sold by dealers so obviously they just relist and relist until someone with deep pockets pull the trigger.

#7 ·
It was purchased from CarMax in Columbus Ohio, car is originally from Houston. It was in Houston most of its life until 6 months or so ago when it came to Ohio. Apparently the previous owner used it as a strictly special occasion vehicle. It was a special order, highly optioned vehicle according to the copy of the sticker from Mercedes I was just browsing around CarMax online for various cars and this one popped up with the low miles, thought maybe it was an error so went down to CarMax, saw it really was as advertised, and purchased it. I just happened to find it the day they listed it During my 5 day no questions return period I took it down to my mechanic who specializes in luxury and exotic cars (Evans Automotive) just as a precaution. They gave the car the thumbs up so I finalized the deal. Since the mileage was so low I was able to get a full warranty through 2014 or an additional 75,000 miles whichever comes first. Working on the pictures, its slid into some crappy weather here so I will try and post them this week sometime. Car is great I have put almost 300 miles on it in less than a week just aroudn town. It still has original tires so have new ones coming so its a bit less frisky in the cold rain we have :)

#9 · (Edited)
What color is it? I am kind of a geeky about option combinations and colors - a full option car is indeed very rare, I have never seen one in person. I have only seen a couple others with parktronic, and neither had comand or vented seats.

I too have an 02, in uncommon tectite grey, with comand and vented seats, but no parktronic or phone. Mine rolled over to 36K not long ago.

#11 ·
my 01' is fully loaded (vented seats, rear sunshade, command, etc)except for parktronic, which was only offered in 02'. i thought most E55's came loaded from factory???

BlckSvt: that is def a killer deal on ur 02', congrats man, you'll love this car!!!
Aj

#16 ·
Good morning!

Thanks for the pic's. Come you send a close up of the pin striping? It appears to say "AMG". Very classy!:thumbsup:

You'll really enjoy the ride.

Have a great holiday!

Mike K.[/Q

It does say AMG, I assume the previous owner had this added as haven't seen it on any others that I have seen pictures of I will take a better picture and post them. Also have the pictures of the car with her new shoes but at my inlaws so trying to upload across by Blackberry, not very fast

#17 ·
According to my 02 brochure, extra cost E55 options were ventilated seats, comand, 6-disc changer, phone, parktronic, and designo trim, which that year was either "espresso edition" (mocha black paint, charcoal and light brown interior, elm wood, wood and leather steering wheel) and "silver edition" (silver paint, charcoal interior, "natural" maple trim, wood and leather wheel).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.