cigarette lighter not working... - Mercedes-Benz Forum
1 2 
AMG W210 E50 , AMG E55 > cigarette lighter not working...
omeyhomey 01:50 PM 08-07-2006

Choose your action:

hey guys,

i did a search but still did not find any good info. I am looking to fix my cigarette lighter it does not light up and does not have power so im thinking it may be a fuse but unsure. where is the fuse located for the cigarette lighter? thanks

BNZUOVR's Avatar BNZUOVR 09:17 PM 08-07-2006

Choose your action:

hey my car has the same problem if i plug in a charger or my ipod unit it powers on but does not light up the cigerette lighter im thinking its the lighter it self.
omeyhomey 10:21 AM 08-08-2006

Choose your action:

it seemslike its a very frequent problem
JOE55's Avatar JOE55 03:13 PM 08-08-2006

Choose your action:

Here you go guys about that lighter thingy..

I had the same problem before -cigar lighter inoperative, MB found a shorted Lighter Assembly- parts cost is $25.20 part # 210-820-01-53
omeyhomey 04:58 PM 08-08-2006

Choose your action:

hey guys, I just checked my fuse boxes (2 of the 3, engine bay and rear seat). Turns out my cigarette lighter fuse was blown big time. Its a 15 amp (blue) fuse and the its fuse #2 for those who are curious. If you you have a cigarette lighter problem check #2 b/c thats most probably the culpret. My Radar detector works perfect now . Thx for the help guys
flapper1's Avatar flapper1 07:46 PM 08-08-2006

Choose your action:

For those people whose lighter outlets work with accessories but just pop out the lighter itself, bend those two tabs on the sides down there inwards a bit. Those accesory plugs tend to bend them outward and then they dont make good contact. Just do it with the key off.
omeyhomey 08:44 PM 08-08-2006

Choose your action:

great tip, but ya mine works fine now, radar works great. Im glad i didn't have to take the whole peice out.
mpeak35 09:37 AM 09-05-2011

Choose your action:

Thanks for the info...I have the same problem with the cigarette lighter, it did spark when it came in contact with a metallic object when I was taking out something out of the socket with the keys in...So I will check the fuse ..is it in the back of the passenger side for ML350? Thanks again,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeyhomey View Post
hey guys, I just checked my fuse boxes (2 of the 3, engine bay and rear seat). Turns out my cigarette lighter fuse was blown big time. Its a 15 amp (blue) fuse and the its fuse #2 for those who are curious. If you you have a cigarette lighter problem check #2 b/c thats most probably the culpret. My Radar detector works perfect now . Thx for the help guys

mxk2007 07:13 PM 10-24-2011

Choose your action:

Well, my cigarette lighter isn't working either on my '84 300CD. When I took out the ashtray, I noticed that there is no wire leading to the back of the lighter plug. I assume there needs to be one. I guess I need to take the ashtray housing out to see if it's stuck behind it. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!
louk 10:49 PM 02-01-2012

Choose your action:

2006 C230 front cig lighter works fine but the one on the back of the center console is inop...is there a seperate fuse or are they all ran on the same fuse and which fuse is it recommended test to further diagnosis. please and thank you.
1 2 

Reply Up