How do I replace dash light bulbs?? 97-E320 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2000, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 1998
How do I replace dash light bulbs?? 97-E320

The light bulb that illuminates the temp indicator on my '97 E320 has burnt out. I understand the instrument cluster must be pulled out to replace it. Are there any step-by-step directions on how to do this anywhere??<p>Thanks...
Guest (MBNZ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2000, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 1998
Like you said by pulling the cluster...

: The light bulb that illuminates the temp indicator on my '97 E320 has burnt out. I understand the instrument cluster must be pulled out to replace it. Are there any step-by-step directions on how to do this anywhere??<p>Thanks...<br>Taking out the instrument cluster of a MB 210-vehicle isn't that difficult. There is enough space behind the steering wheel to pull out the cluster & placing the hooks at each side near the cluster can be done without damaging the dash.<br>Pull the cluster near the woodwork & take care not to damage cluster or dash (by pulling to hard or only at one side).<br>Take care not to turn the ignition key after the connectors of the instrument cluster are removed this will give some trouble with the SRS.<p>
Guest (MBNZ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Re: Like you said by pulling the cluster...

[quote]
: The light bulb that illuminates the temp indicator on my '97 E320 has burnt out.

Hi. I seem to have the exact same problem and I'd like to know if it is even wise to try to change the light bulb by myself. I do have access to a mechanic shop where I could rip things apart. But will I need any special tools in order to pull the cluster (or any other components in the front panel) out?

I'd appreciate it if you could drop me a few words at your convenience.

Thanks.
Majid Mansoori is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class