Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1999 E320 drivers seat does not operate ar all

761 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mrboca 
#1 ·
Hello,
New to Mercedes and new to this forum. I did the search thing and came up empty. So my apologies if I missed it. I recently bought a 1999 E 320 but the drivers seat does not moved at all. When I push the buttons on the door absolutely nothing happens. I checked the fuses for seat adjustment and all were good. . So I need help finding the fault. I guess I should check the control switch on the door first. Anyone have any secret squirrel tips on how to remove switch from the door? Any other tip or advice pointing down the right path will be apriecated and welcome. Thanks guys

#3 ·
Well I thank you for your quick reply. Today as I said I checked fuses, all were good. Not finding any bad fuses I started this thread. When I went out to recheck fuse 16 I found that the seat was working just fine. Don't know if if it was just a loose fuse or what. But for now, if it's not broken don't fix it.
Thanks again

#4 ·
Glad it was just a loose fuse. Many problems are not due to blown fuses but loose fuse holders. Next time when the seat does not work, check the window on that side. If the window does not work either, it is the DCM module (not the door switches), either bad or fuse open like in your case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.