Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

e300 diesel hose question?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  MichaelBenz300e 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Very clean and shiney....That PCV hose and attachment look to be in excellent condition.

Mine is leaking a bit, a drop at most, and I can't justify $80 for a bunch of plastic part that would just become brittle and prone to cracking as my current one.

#8 ·
I replaced all the CCV hoses, yes. Mine were probably OK, but I'd pre-ordered them because so many of those parts become so brittle they are impossible to R&R. Only one of the parts I replaced was that brittle -- I had to fish a bit of broken plastic from the valve cover -- but I was glad that I had them all on-hand.

#9 ·
Thanks for those pictures Al_Savage. Yes, you are right. It is a 3.5 I.D. mm hose. I ordered the 5 and the 3.5 mm both just in case. The PO had the lines all replaced except the hose going to the T on the filter. That hose was all wet and I pulled it off the injector and it broke off real easy. So I made sure I got the little remains around the injector nipple. And all is good now. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.