Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Squeak

856 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  binuya 
#1 ·
Nothing much to say here. Noise is coming from behind front left wheel. What could it be?

Here is a video, just to understand easier:

#2 ·
snap

If your rear end has the multi link layout then thats the problem . I had the same thing as you last year . So i put some old ATF in a spray bottle and sprayed all the multi link joints . And its now gone . I did use wd40 but it wont last very long and the squeek will soon be back . I have done this for years on all my cars, and it stops the rubber from cracking .But you will find other frown about this, but atf wont rot the rubber .

#3 ·
It could be from a few of the bushings, but by the sound of it, it sounds like the lower outer control arm bushing. Relatively common. I did mine a bit over a year ago. Later, I'll see if I can locate the thread I posted about it. It requires a tool for removal/install.

#5 ·
That sounds to me like a ball joint. If it is rear wheel drive, you have upper and lower. If you reach over the top of the tire you can put your hand on the upper ball joint and feel it while you press down a bit. You should feel the vibration. Since both are on the steering knuckle or upright, feel them both to be sure which is causing the squeak.

#6 ·
I gotta stop skimming over posts too fast. I missed where you said it's the front wheel. I think ^^^nelbur is right about it being ball joints. But I will say that the rear bushing I referred to makes that same squeaking sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.