Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E320 trans

1K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  Lov2hurdle 
#1 ·
Hay B/W although the car has always had some slipping, no trans codes I had the conductor plate and plug done, it I felt it was a bit smoother but the sloping into 2nd & 3rd .i thought it was getting better the harder I pushed it as I got the motor running sweat . But the first trans code p0700 and a undeniable slippage came with p0105&p0410,p0410 came back. 2 trans evaluation. Same burnt clutches diagnosis in shop getting rebuild .

#2 ·
P0700 may mean many things. You should have gotten the codes from the TCU to get a better feel where the problem is. The other codes are from the ECU. Nothing to do with the Transmission.

I wonder how the trans guys came to that conclusion ? They LOVE to re-build transmissions:)

Have they given you a diagnosis report with the TCU codes scanned ?

#4 ·
Well the slipping was quite persistent.when I took it to Indy for conductor plate and plug change .unrelated Mech I was told the problems were mechanical, rebuild or replacement imminent, so after three evaluations.and yes other codes totally separate just venting frustrations.anymore suggestions for when I get the car slip free I pray.

#6 ·
Yes they had to in put all the numbers it was a real scan . And they did test drive the guy came off real honest. But that's his job and it doesn't mean he knows what he's doing. That's why I came to forum . But all info speak to what seam to electronics going crazy. And not the symptoms of a mechanicaly worren trans . As I guess when MB are cared for they truly last. And it's the grim Lin that get you.im new with an old one love it . Bottom line I could keep chancing it had to dive in while I had the money .my $ tree go"s bare chk to chk GOD FORBID CAR GO DONE WHEN IM BROKE THANK ILL UPDATE

#7 ·
What year car?

So your slipping from 1st to 2nd shift ORRRRR slipping in 2nd gear, but the shift from 1st to 2nd is okay?

Again, Slipping from 2nd to 3rd shift ORRRR slipping in 3rd gear, the shift from 2nd to 3rd is okay

I'm going to ask a basic question!! How is the fluid level? Have you checked it? You need one of these to check it:

722.6 dipstick | eBay

Something you can do... You need a Philips screwdriver... Inspect the transmission computer for transmission fluid contamination-easy to do... See post 5 of the link below. Unplug the connectors, and look at the pins and connectors for wetness..

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1570724-my-attempt-replacing-transmission-plug.html

Let us know what you find on the transmission computer(TCM)?

All the best,

Martin

#12 ·
I did all that had Cond/ plate and plug replaced, fluid and filter changed 1 month before that money in trash, cleaned tcm my self found no fluid up there .all the while I never had a code just slipping, I'm assuming because it was mechanical not electrical.unlike most post I came up with they had p0715 or similar,electrical grimlins . The good thing is I got those done

#13 ·
Up date ,now that the shop has me in his clutches he calls and says .i opened your tourque comb the cliches are a bit worn I'm giving you a refurbished one free! BUT we found your higher gears worn not gone ,yet but I don't want you to have to open it up in months or a year so 300 $ more 1800 total. I thaught re build ment the whole trans not the first 3 or 4 gears . O well I will say it is a 98 almost 20yrs old and not a 08 so it's probably just that time

#15 ·
What can I say ? hope it will fix your transmission problems. It is hard to pass judgement without actually inspecting the condition of the transmission. The wear issue is subjective. Today I had my tires replaced. The guy told me my front brake pads are 50 percent worn and wanted to replace them. My answer was, "the way I look at it, they are 50 percent un-worn" :).

#17 ·
If you're using the mobile version, AFAICT you can't edit all of the Profile fields; they simply are not displayed (though you can change your birthdate and password!). You have to drop back to using the "full site" version on your device, long enough to edit your Profile, then at the very bottom of every "full site" web page (when using a mobile device) is an option to switch back to mobile.

Or wait and use a real computer ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.