Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What Is This Dash Symbol?

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Deplore 
#1 ·
MY 01 E430
I'm due for B service NOW and have it scheduled for tomorrow. This morning, I saw this "snake" symbol on the dash - on the left of the 1 MPH display. Never seem it before. I'm assuming it is related to the oil change. What does it mean?

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I love the sense of humor, ..., I really do. You guys folks are funny:big laugh: I think I have a display problem or maybe, even worse:eek The image I posted earlier today was taken this morning. Tonight it looks like what we are seeing below. In addition, the display speed has gone from 1 MPH to 15 MPH - by the way, the car is in park in both instances. Strange.

Attachments

#19 ·
You could check with some sellers on eBay for instrument cluster repairs. I had mine done, $129.99, and it came back perfect. While it seems to be a pixel problem, mine was a little different, an actual loss of pixels, but you could send them a picture and see if their repair includes that kind of problem. The repair included cleaning and replacing all the light bulbs. For a higher fee, they will replace with LED's and different colors are available too.

#13 ·
It says 15 mph because that was your average speed in those 19 miles that you drove. And yeah it looks like your display has an infection that's growing. Which is strange because the center screen never has a problem in these cars, it's always the other two screens that give problems

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.