Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Blower motor runs while dial set to zero

620 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mrboca 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Greetings from Holland.

I post my question here because the w210 forum over here in Holland is so active with technical information.

I became a proud owner yesterday of a w210 E200 kompressor from 2001 first owner car and 40.000 miles on it, it is imported from Germany.

It is a very nice car, i only can detect two problems with the manual climate control.
I dont have the automatic climate control with the digital read out just the one with the dials see pciture.

Ok, when i turn the blower dial back to zero the blower keeps running. It is also staging from 0 to pos 3 from 3 up no change in rpm.

And the second question.
When i just set the temperature dial in the blue zone i get hot air. but when i turn dial up the air get a lot lot hotter.

I already read some articles about the fan regulator but i don't know if this the same problem fix for the manual climate control.

Can anyone advice, Thnx.

Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It is the same fix. You need to remove the cover under the blower motor and take a picture of the blower motor with the regulator mounted at the bottom, to have some idea what the regulator looks like (different styles).

The a/c not blowing cool air is very likely a different problem. Could be low refrigerant issue, sensor issues, or dual heater valve issues. We can deal with this as the second step after you fix the blower issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.