Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sagging roof liner

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  mrboca 
#1 ·
Hi. Roof liner has a large area (over 12 inches wide) that sags over the rear seat area. I read a diy in stickies about replacement but that seems more than what I can do myself. Is there a more limited fix that can help this problem? Thanks

#2 ·
Pvel, you have to have the head liner removed and replaced as the foam and the fabric were separated due to the heat. Here in Houston there are many places that can do that for you for about $200. I had mine done about 6 months ago. I was there witnessing the whole operation (~3 hours) and I don't think it is a DIY task. You cannot tell the difference afterward. Look under automobile head liner replacement business in your city.

#10 ·
DIY for 65.00 u$

not a real hard diy
just put front seats all the way down and back
and it should come out the front passenger side door
any shop will have the material, use sun visor to match color
use PLAIN 3M SPRAY CONTACT CEMENT
do no use the kind that squirts a beed.

B

#12 ·
Looks like Granddad's headboard:) Practical solution though.

If I were to do anything other than a complete headliner and restoration, I would just spray between the sagging headliner and the board, wait few minutes and work from the center towards the edges. You can remove the handles, the rear dome light etc., to access with a spray glue using a straw. If done section by section, and with patience, acceptable results could be obtained, as long as sagging is not a substantially large area.

When removing the headliner, you need to remove the pillar mouldings, plastic parts / clips which are dried up due to old age. Always a risk of breaking something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.