Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Vendor question - ECS

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  CafeRacer87 
#1 ·
Anyone have any feedback on ECS? I saw their add for the ATF service kit and the price seems pretty good. I've looked high and low locally for one of the MB approved fluids without a star on the bottle but can't find any locally. The ECS price for the MB fluid plus rest of kit seems good based on the fluid price at the dealer.

#3 ·
If you're in the US, Shell distributors will sell you a case of fluid for about $60.

And if you haven't changed it before, you want a case so you can flush it all out.

Good luck.

#4 ·
Yeah I checked the shipping and since the nearest Shell distributor is 30 miles away the added shipping came out cheaper than buying all of the stuff in the "kit" at the dealership.

Fluid has been changed before and I have a torque converter drain so will just go with 8 liters.

#6 ·
It is always good idea to shop around

The internet deals come and go on daily bases, but with few clicks and about 5 minutes you can get quotes from about 10 vendors.
My friend bought ATF from ebay very cheap. I advise caution as you have no way to test authenticity of the fluid.
Than with my experience, saving money on secondary fluids, even they are approved can backfire pretty fast.
Since I am not spending more than $200 annually on MB maintenance, I just buy the best stuff.
The cars deserve it IMHO

#7 ·
I used them when I converted my single DIN console to comand. They were a little pricey on the order (the wood bezel) but they came through when everyone else wanted to order the bezel from Germany and wait and see what would happen. It got here in two days in spite of a paralyzing snow and ice storm.

#8 · (Edited)
I placed my first and LAST order from ECS Tuning about a month ago. They sent me a part that was returned/installed before. I installed the part anyway (against my better judgment) and it was defective. They would not process my return without a "shop" note certifying it was defective. Meaning, I have to take it to a dealer or indie to install, test and remove the part!

I had to place a claim with PayPal to get my money back. What a hassle :frown

RM European has very competitive pricing, 5% rebate program and free shipping for orders over $65. Shipping to me (Bay Area, California) is only 1-2 days:smile

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys. I may take a half day off and drive to the Shell distributor when I confirm that they have the Shell fluid at reasonable price. Then I'll probably check with Autohausz or RM European. Thanks again. I'm always nervous about using sources that I haven't heard solid feedback on.

#10 ·
I have had nothing but good experiences from ECS, I have made several orders for my new (to me) E320 wagon. They ship free over $200 which I didn't have a problem getting over with gaskets, secondary air pump parts, breather hoses, etc. Their customer service has been very helpful, I'm surprised to hear so many people have negative experiences. I've even PM'd the ECS rep here on Benzworld and he all but bent over backwards to help me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.