Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Bought some DEPO headlights

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Cloudsurfer 
#1 · (Edited)
Will be installing them within the next few days. Anyone have a set on their car?

#4 ·
I tested them yesterday. My left driver projector light didn't come on. I'm assuming the bulb is busted. Will install today. Maybe a bad connection since I had to stretch the cable to test.

I searched the forum for just info, reviews, etc.... Seems like the site is dying. Lots of pics are broken,dead links, etc... I'm thinking of making a DIY thread when I install them.

#6 ·
I'm at a loss right now. I installed the DEPO lights and the driver side projector isn't turning on. I figured it was the bulb. I switched bulbs and nothing. The hazard and the brights and everything else turn on fine. I decided to hook up the driver side headlight assembly to the passenger plug to see if it was the projector that was broken. It comes on. So I know the projector works, but it won't come on when it's plugged in to the driver side plug.

I checked all fuses in the car. I removed the fuse and placed it back in. I also switched the fuse around with another fuse to see if maybe the fuse was the problem even though it looks fine and still nothing. I also tapped the fuse box a few times thinking it may have a loose connection. Nothing worked. I'm wondering if the plug went bad. Is there any way to check the plug? If so how can I do it. Last option is to take it to the auto shop.

There are 4 wires in the plug. Which ones can I check to see if they're getting any power? Do I use a volt reader?

#9 ·
I'm planning on buying a set of these myself, and gutting them to install real HID projectors into (either the "easy" route of E55 units, or going "all the way" with TL assemblies).

It's been well publicized that the stock DEPO projectors are so poor, that the only reason you'd run them as-is is for the aesthetic benefit of the newer lights. If you actually want to put usable light on the road, you need to gut these and install real projector assemblies into them (from a company who actually had the resources and bother to do the R&D to get a usable beam pattern and efficiency).

Read the sticky- there's PLENTY of intel out there on this.

#10 ·
Before I adjusted them they lit up the road pretty good, but were not correctly pointed. After I started adusting them before the sun came up the projectors are still not properly pointed. Worse now. They're too high and not straight. After googling and finding a few threads on how to properly adjust them I will fix them tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.