Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Transmission pan bolts and metal clips

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MAVA 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was going to flush my transmission this weekend but hit a snag. One of the torx bolts stripped out. I tried cutting a slot and that didn't work. I managed to get a dremel in there and square it off - then used a bolt extractor socket - no dice. Finally I was able to pull the gasket from between the pan and metal clip that the pan bolt goes through. I managed to get the pan out only to find that some corrosion had bonded the bolt in the clip. I used a small adjustable wrench and the pan bolt/clip combo came out easily from the transmission - no damage to the mating surfaces. Does anyone know where I can order a set of the metal clips? I'm definitely replacing the torx with hex heads.

#4 ·
Daniel,

You are kindly welcome...

The way I do it is find the part number on Mercedes EPC. EPC is free for US residents, but it will ask for a credit card to verify residence, yet never charge against it. Next with EPC, it will ONLY work on windows platform on ONLY Microsoft Internet Explorer, and JAVA must be fully updated. You can run this on a imac laptop or desktop with bootcamp installed and a windows program installed

EPC-net Online

Then I look up the price for the part number in search on the top right...

Mercedes-Benz Parts - Shop Genuine Mercedes Parts Online at Mercedes-Benz of South Atlanta

Hope it helps,

Martin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.