Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

bags?

654 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a '98 C230 w/ 75K miles for my grand-daughter (I know, I know, wrong forum, but you guys are so good with advice, so give me some slack, please!). It looks absolutely great in and out, BUT it was hit in the driver-side rear door. Seller claims there was no air-bag deployment. Well, how can I determine for sure that is the case? Or is there a way? If I can't be ASSURED WITHOUT ANY QUESTION WHATSOEVER that the airbags are intact, I'll walk. Thanks.
James

#3 ·
Never heard about deployed airbags triggering codes, but each bag has manufacturing date on it, so it can be confirmed it come from the same year.
No guarantee someone did not replace the bag with other from the same year, but a good start.
Than if the car doesn't show airbags deployment and the car was fixed the right way, what do you care?
Just take it to reputable body shop for careful inspection.
I was buying repaired cars in the past and common issue is that body shop fix visible parts, while those under are left badly mangled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.